Swapping VRS for VRS

2 hours ago, JamiePvrs said:

It's arrived!!!! Why didn't I go for DSG before!! Only driven 30 miles in it but I can say it's amazing

Completely agree! Had a manual MK2 facelift previously and wasn't looking for DSG specifically with the MK3, but one came up in a fantastic spec and I was completely converted after a test drive! Would not go back to a manual now.

Thread needs more pics ;)

3 hours ago, ahenners said:

Completely agree! Had a manual MK2 facelift previously and wasn't looking for DSG specifically with the MK3, but one came up in a fantastic spec and I was completely converted after a test drive! Would not go back to a manual now.

Thread needs more pics ;)

Yeah it's such a pleasure to drive. So smooth. The shift speed is amazing. 

I will get some photos tomorrow and put them up

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KevC_Derby said:

You should have said you were getting a red one.......

Nice one Jamie!

I love it and I'm yet to see another red one on the road. Really stands out. Had lots of comments from people about how good it looks, the black pack looks really good on the red. It has a gold flick in it which looks really good in the right light

42K a year? That's a long time to be stuck in a car.

I do 30K a year (commuting) which is roughly 3 hours a day :sweat:

I'm guessing you don't spend too much time in town, but be sure to dry the DSG when parking in a tight space, on an incline, then it's not so perfect. 42,000 miles a year on motorways and DSG is at it's best. 

• Like 1

I also do about 30k a year and I couldn't do any more, it's silly to even do this really but it'll all be over soon (she says!). One of the tutors I work with at the uni lives in Fishguard and commutes to Wrexham 4 days a week! 300 miles a day x 4 days a week, 36 weeks a year = 43,200 miles just for work. He says all in he's been putting 50k a year on cars for the last 10 years and had an even longer commute of 60k a year for the 10 years before that. Some people do crazy mileages; OK if you have to drive around for your job sort of like I do, but to commute that much just from home to work is too much for me! My vRS has more stonechips than paint on the front as it is with 94k on the clock and the bumper and bonnet have been painted before!

• Like 1

I'm a contracts manager for a building company. My works at the minute are in Portsmouth, Manchester, Bridlington, Birmingham, Poole, Kent and Oxford. It's impossible to get to every site each week but 1000miles a week is pretty much guaranteed! Hence why I needed DSG. My left knee can't take many more traffic jams!! The car will be changed every 12-18 months and maintained by the manufacturer every time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JamiePvrs said:

I love it and I'm yet to see another red one on the road. Really stands out. Had lots of comments from people about how good it looks, the black pack looks really good on the red. It has a gold flick in it which looks really good in the right light

Dont mean to be funny but are you sure it’s Velvet red? Looks just like my Corrida Red in that pic. Will post a pic of mine once the weather changes for the better and I give it a wash....

I’m sure you’re correct, it’s just, they are very similar..

Here’s one I took a day or so after collection.... I was amazed at the ‘pop’ from standard red...

6BCEF4B5-A321-460E-A2CC-D058031583B2.jpeg

Edited by Ciderspace
Added
  • Like 2