vRS reveal

Hmmm. Completely underwhelming, if I'm being brutally honest. Not a massive change from the SportLine, but I guess that's to be expected.

I'd take one of the Vision RS though... B).

• Like 1

Kodiaq sportline Plus would have sounded better.    

What the f..k are Skoda thinking................................

How to ruin a badge...................

Well done Skoda........:clap:

Shoot me, I don't care

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

1 hour ago, linni said:

Most interesting thing  - brake disc size?

Not exactly scientific, but the discs don't look any bigger than those on my weedy 1.4 TSI :D

The calipers look bigger though...

Capture.JPG.67bbe674d7810157b43c6a85e5719699.JPG

I was out as soon as Skoda's 'Head of Communications' needed cue cards to communicate :dull:

As I mentioned in another thread, it's a SportLine with a little more power, different wheels and Race Blue paint. A bit of a let down really.

I'll reserve final judgement until they reveal pricing.

Edited by silver1011

Not so sure.

1.4 has 17" rims, this has 20".

So, 380 mm disc may easily look like 280 mm disc :)

I am not worried about bling and blang. What`s under the bonnet is more important.

The specs are likely a little different across countries, my UK 1.4 TSI 150PS has the 19" Crater's...

IMG_0352.thumb.JPG.81805796eb068a46d6706a63db8b93f2.JPG

I take my comment bout the calipers back too, they also look to be the same size as on my Scout, just painted red.

Edited by silver1011

18 minutes ago, linni said:

What`s under the bonnet is more important.

And what's under the bonnet? A lukewarm oil burner. Absolutely nothing special.

Sabine in a Transit van was only 38 seconds slower round the 'ring.

22 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I take my comment bout the calipers back too, they also look to be the same size as on my Scout, just painted red.

Yes, I doubt they made such improvements (better brakes). 

15 minutes ago, linni said:

Under the bonnet are the same figures as the previous Q7 had.

Bottom of the range Q7... in the top of the range Kodiaq.

7 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

What's with mainland Europe referring to it as the 'RS', but the UK sticking with 'vRS'?

I was led to believe that Ford had trademarked 'RS' in the UK - but I'm not entirely sure if that's accurate or not. In any case, RS = Rally Sport in both Ford and Skoda parlance, I believe. Whereas to the French it means RenaultSport. And to the Germans it means Rennsport ("Racing Sport"), that's what the RS on Porsche and Audi stands for anyway.

The 'v' in vRS is for 'virtual' - because unless they put a bigger engine in something, it's virtually an RS car but not quite... :D.

'V' was really for Victory and 2 fingers up to Ford.   

But then Skoda made a joke of Motorsport Success, heritage and history with small capacity sporty cars by putting RS badges on fat not very warm cars and diesels and not just big people carriers.

Using 'Monte Carlo' as a trim level on 105ps Fabia with rear drum brakes, then the Citigo and fat elephant SUV's was really ridiculous.

Like producing a 'Sport' Rapid.

Edited by Offski

13 hours ago, linni said:

Wait until March, according to local dealer.

How much is still not revealed.

Is that March to order or march for delivery?

Looks like a sportline or l&k for me. 

9 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Looks OK to me too, the issue being it is identical to the SportLine. What a let down...

714838797_KodiaqvRSvsSportLine.thumb.jpg.6506e536341dbeaea9a957bdda142c40.jpg

1918746119_KodiaqInteriorvRSvsSportLine.thumb.jpg.2b013afa35bbc771cee5d3b92c1ae82b.jpg

that's unfair. For a start the VRS has a bigger wheelarch gap :-)

It was always going to be that

As per the VRS Octavia, it has a slightly revised front bumper, bigger wheels and sports seats 

• Like 1

The difference with the Octavia is that there is no other 'sporty' model (S, SE, SE Technology, SE L, L&K then the vRS).

I could understand the Kodiaq vRS if they hadn't launched the SportLine, but other than the slight increase in power, unique paint colour and alloy wheel design it is the same.

Even if they'd at least made the bumpers marginally more aggressive (as per the white one pictured above) then they might have got away with it.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a great looking car, but a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Edited by silver1011

?

Bigger wheel arch gap!. 

Is the roof higher from the ground for that sporty driving?   For better aerodynamics!

In the show was the suspension not lowered using ratchet straps or have they learned from being caught out with that before? Vorsprung Durch Technik.

Dealership techs were just offering that Halo model look to others over the years by leaving in the 'Transit Blocks' in the springs.

Edited by Offski

That was partly my fault. The image I used for the SportLine was one of VAG's annoying 'doctored' images where they increase the size of the wheels or tyres to make the car look more aggressive, or whatever it is they're trying to do.

Perhaps they've learnt, as they don't appear to have done the same with the image of the vRS.

• Like 1

Every Skoda car launch is a tease. & a right mess. 

leak to Autoexpress, give the stuff to Autocar right from the horses mouth.

If they just show the damn car, publish the details that they know, the prices, the options, the Emissions and WLTP / RDE and how long it takes from order books opening to delivery in which ever country they might be onto a winner.

'Simply Clever'  stuff.  Just simple really.