vRS reveal

When Skoda were caught out at one of their MkIII Octavia shows, oops!

Skoda_Octavia_III_Combi_zive_pasy_Perex_

VW are just as bad, look at the state of their Golf Alltrack press release image vs. reality.

The one they want you to buy...

VWwvsdvGolfqevqevevAllTrackaqceqef-002.j

What it looks like when it arrives at the dealer...

Volkswagen--Golf--Alltrack--(2).jpg

What happened!? :D

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

VW are just as bad, look at the state of their Golf Alltrack press release image vs. reality.

I don't get that... on an 'off-road' model, surely showing that there is clearance and it will be able to go over a few bumps would actually be a better thing?

The marketing boys down in Milton Keynes must know their target audience better than me...

3e10ef35973c3e35b03fb541ffcbf386--vw-golf-r-volkswagen-golf.jpg.65d8ef0a5c54c481c461656e96830348.jpg

I don't get it, but then I'm at a point in my life where suspension height is all about comfort :D

VW Group and especially Skoda.  Kings of Bling.  Style over function.  Badges / Trim and trinkets rather than actual good parts, suspension, brakes, steering / handling / performance.

Show rather than go.

VW r-line, Audi S-line, SEAT FR,  Skoda vRS / Sportline.

19 hours ago, silver1011 said:

What's with mainland Europe referring to it as the 'RS', but the UK sticking with 'vRS'?

Ford own the RS trade mark in the UK. Skoda have to use vRS in UK, to avoid trade mark infringement.

4 minutes ago, Offski said:

Did Renault not give a monkeys then?  What about Porsche, no monkeys either?

La French do not give a baguette as usual. Das Deutschlanders ist loading Das Panzer.

8-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, linni said:

Delivery in March.

Just seen Skoda have replied to someone on Facebook who asked the question on one of Thier posts and they said March for orders. Damn you Skoda!!

I find it ridiculous that they don't create a 310+ PS Superb vRS with some proper chassis and visual tweaks. Yet a slab sided Kodiaq that weighs the same as Lichtenstein get's an exclusive engine and vRS treatment.   I've driven some well regarded sporting SUV's and with the exception of the Porsche Macan, none of them have been able to defy the laws of physics.   It makes a complete mockery of what was remaining of vRS brand. 

A Fabia vRS should have been a higher priority for Skoda.  Even an Octavia vRS with 4x4 and a 265PS overboost function makes more sense.  

1 hour ago, jamiemad said:

Just seen Skoda have replied to someone on Facebook who asked the question on one of Thier posts and they said March for orders. Damn you Skoda!!

I hope this is a mistake.

Orders from March means delivery in June 2019 at the best.

If they had such plans, they wouldn`t reveal vRS alreay now in Paris, but next year in Geneva.

Otheriwse it would be a complete headshot for Skoda marketing  - who would remember some Kodiaq vRS in the spring?

'Click bait', 

distract from the actual situation that they can not get Type Approval / WLTP / RDE on Bread and Butter models and get them to Dealerships and on the roads.

The VW Way,

show what you can or might have sometime someplace but we can not say exactly where or when!

Edited by Offski

1 hour ago, linni said:

World premiere. is totally another level.

P.S. At least here the configurator show L&K as an option.

The L&K was announced by Skoda Auto back in March at the Geneva motor show, which is just as important as Paris.

8 months later there are still no L&K's on the road, and won't be until next year, so that's 11 months from being announced until the earliest UK delivery date.

An October announcement for the vRS, with orders being taken in March and first deliveries expected in July equals 10-11 months from announcement to delivery, exactly the same as the L&K.

I'm sure the WLTP issues have adversely impacted the arrival of the L&K, you might be lucky, come early next year they might have cleared the backlog and things could improve significantly, bringing forward the arrival of the vRS.

I'd go for a SportLine over an Allspace?

Not enough power.

My Superb II is tuned up to appr 400 Nm (200 - 210 HP), but still feels it lacks some power.

190 HP engine can be tuned up to the same figures, so no evolution in here.

500 Nm is the thing I am looking for.

Like mentioned, towing heavy trailer a lot.