Delivery waits

2 minutes ago, driventodevon said:

Thanks for the link - great to see written confirmation. (Interesting also to see petrol engines identified as "Otto".)

My car has reached Sheerness, but Skoda Customer Services say that, because they subcontract UK transportation to independent companies, they have *no* idea how long it will remain there for!

You're very welcome!

Hopefully not too long a wait for you. The worst part of the journey is complete so you shouldn't be too much longer I hope :cool:

12 hours ago, boydeee said:

It would appear the 1.5Tsi and 2.0Tsi now have WLTP approval. So those waiting on the 1.5 should hopefully see some movement soon 

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

Is it a worry that none of the Superb diesels exist on this list? Yet, I was able to order a Sportline 190 DSG mid October.

15 minutes ago, VrsDub79 said:

Is it a worry that none of the Superb diesels exist on this list? Yet, I was able to order a Sportline 190 DSG mid October.

Yes, I wondered about that, as I'm currently driving a 68-plate diesel estate which my dealer has loaned me while we wait for mine to arrive.

30 minutes ago, VrsDub79 said:

I would take that page with a pinch of salt. My 272 TSi was at the dealer's before it had appeared on the ADAC site. Have you chased your dealer or Skoda UK for an update? I'd been predicted week one or two of November for collection for a while. Credit to them, they were dead on the money! I collect next week 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boydeee said:

I would take that page with a pinch of salt. My 272 TSi was at the dealer's before it had appeared on the ADAC site. Have you chased your dealer or Skoda UK for an update? I'd been predicted week one or two of November for collection for a while. Credit to them, they were dead on the money! I collect next week 

Same here, pick up on wednesday :-) Might have been boat buddies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, boydeee said:

i take your point about the dealer and / or Skoda UK, but then I think to myself, hang on a minute , I'm the customer, why should I be doing all the chasing, yes I want my car ,but the point remains  that I am the customer and expect them to contact me with regular updates   Or is that just me? 

@JamesETheFirst I completely agree. Once I got into month 5 of waiting, I started contacting Skoda UK as I hoped they might have better info than my dealer could access. They did not! I know VW and I think Audi have an online tracker you can use. Possibly, that could have been far too addictive! 

5 minutes ago, boydeee said:

I know VW and I think Audi have an online tracker you can use

This would surely save Skoda and the dealer network a whole load of time with impatient customers like me looking for updates! 

• Haha 1

I suppose if there's one thing I've learnt over the years from my Asian friends , is that to get anything done ,you have to nag and make a nuisance of yourself so they get so fed up of you that they do your bidding, as it were.

Still irks me though.  

3 hours ago, Chas51 said:

This would surely save Skoda and the dealer network a whole load of time with impatient customers like me looking for updates! 

It certainly did when i bought from Rainworth - didn't have to ring them once, full online tracking.

This time however, i think SUK and the dealer are sick of me chasing...

13 hours ago, boydeee said:

I talked to Skoda UK at the end of last week about 190 4x4 diesels and they could not give me any information on when they would be WLTP, when I could order one or how long it would take until it was built and ready to collect. Sadly I canceled my order as I have a limited time in which i can get a car, so I'm out looking at various none VAG options. As i have a long standing relationship with the dealer (3 previous superbs) they are going to keep me informed and if there is any change they will tell me incase I haven't replaced my existing car by then. I've looked at both pre-reged 520's and E class estates and although they are of better quality inside the trim level is abismale compared to a L&K. i love the look on the "Sales Executive's" face's when you tell them you are only considering their BMW or Merc because you can't get a Skoda and there cars are just a second choice. lol

Edited by harryweld
  • Haha 1

Hi harryweld. Just wanted to inform you that the 190bhp 4x4 Diesel is already WLTP approved. I know this because I have one on order myself. Ordered late September, build week was 43 and the car is currently on its way to Sweden with planned delivery from dealer in 1-2 weeks. It's a MY'19 with digital dash, L&K spec with a couple of extras.

6 hours ago, tobtech said:

Hi harryweld. Just wanted to inform you that the 190bhp 4x4 Diesel is already WLTP approved. I know this because I have one on order myself. Ordered late September, build week was 43 and the car is currently on its way to Sweden with planned delivery from dealer in 1-2 weeks. It's a MY'19 with digital dash, L&K spec with a couple of extras.

Well Skoda UK need to get themselves sorted out because they have told me directly and the dealer in question that they have not been WLTP'ed and could not give a date when they would. At the time of placing my deposit 9 weeks ago I was told it would be 3 weeks before the place a order then 18 weeks to delivery. This has continued to be extended and early this week when i canceled I was told it would still be 2 weeks minimum before I could confirm spec and place the order. 

Either Skoda UK are behind the times or the 190 4x4 have not gone through WLTP but are expected to have passed by the time you receive yours.

Unfortunately due to time restraints I can't wait any longer. 

The dealer concerned have done there best for me and unfortunately lost a sale due to the poor performance of VAG and I have lost the car I really wanted.  

I have a ‘19 L&K 190 TDI ready for delivery as well.

Ordered late August and delivered to the dealer early October. Seems to me like there’s something fishy going on, either at Skoda Sweden (I’m in Sweden too) or Skoda UK. :)

30 minutes ago, Malakim said:

I have a ‘19 L&K 190 TDI ready for delivery as well.

Ordered late August and delivered to the dealer early October. Seems to me like there’s something fishy going on, either at Skoda Sweden (I’m in Sweden too) or Skoda UK. :)

It could be as I say down to the fact that Skoda are expecting them to have passed WLTP by the time you receive your, possibly different specs between UK and Sweden (any spec change or options which may effect emissions needed to be tested, tyre sizes/widths, sunroofs etc) It could even be down to left or right hand drive. 

The only superbs on the list at the moment are 1.5 and 272. These have only appeared in the past couple of days but cars in this time started getting shipped a couple of weeks ago. 

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

I already got my registration number from the dealer and when I search it on Sweden car database owned by the government (Transportstyrelsen), there is WLTP data for the engine visible. I have all the numbers, can share a screenshot later

It's a strange one when you compare what's currently available to order from the different countries. Skoda Ireland currently have the following available to order in the Superb and the configurator has been updated in the last few weeks to reflect this:

Pertrol:

1.5 TSI 150bhp

1.5 TSI 150bhp DSG

Diesel:

2.0 TDI 150bhp

2.0 TDI 150bhp DSG

2.0 TDI 150bhp 4x4

2.0 TDI 190bhp DSG

2.0TDI 190bhp 4x4 DSG

13 hours ago, harryweld said:

It could be as I say down to ... possibly different specs between UK and Sweden (any spec change or options which may effect emissions needed to be tested, tyre sizes/widths, sunroofs etc) It could even be down to left or right hand drive. 

This is relevant too, I think. I had a conversation lasting several weeks with my dealer on the question of whether I could add a retractable tow bar to my order. I was give the impression that the uncertainty related to WLTP rather than to deadlines for finalising build instructions.

17 minutes ago, driventodevon said:

This is relevant too, I think. I had a conversation lasting several weeks with my dealer on the question of whether I could add a retractable tow bar to my order. I was give the impression that the uncertainty related to WLTP rather than to deadlines for finalising build instructions.

True that! Did not think of Left and right hand drive.

Edited by tobtech

My dealer phoned me this evening to say my UK 1.5 tsi sel estate will be on the production line Mon 12 Nov with delivery late Nov or early Dec. Ordered early Sept.

1 hour ago, Rich2 said:

My dealer phoned me this evening to say my UK 1.5 tsi sel estate will be on the production line Mon 12 Nov with delivery late Nov or early Dec. Ordered early Sept.

Excellent news!

8 hours ago, harryweld said:

Went to my dealer today and had a word with them, They say Skoda UK have said that the 190 4X4 has now passed WLTP but they have still not released the block on the order list. This may happen start of next week.

WLTP is not a test you can pass (no fail/pass mark), test simply has to be performed.

Once results are agreed these need to be registered (otherwise you dealer would not have the data to register your car), which requires correct first year road tax.  If paperwork needs to be included with car, much easier to do so whilst they are parked before release.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

WLTP is not a test you can pass (no fail/pass mark), test simply has to be performed.

Once results are agreed these need to be registered (otherwise you dealer would not have the data to register your car), which requires correct first year road tax.  If paperwork needs to be included with car, much easier to do so whilst they are parked before release.

Should probably have worded the "Passed through WLTP testing".