PCH Prices dropped before signing contract

5 hours ago, gRoberts said:

I was given solid paint (Corrida red) for free as part of the £2490 / £85 deal I had mind.

Would consider that as only a few pounds extra, but think I prefer the blue to them, personally. 

The SE Tech 1.0 DSG PCH deal has caught my eye. Just got an insurance quote for one and it is £3 less than I paid at renewal in June this year for my Citigo 75PS. :)

Does anyone know if the first year's road tax is included in these PCH deals?

1 minute ago, ronime said:

The SE Tech 1.0 DSG PCH deal has caught my eye. Just got an insurance quote for one and it is £3 less than I paid at renewal in June this year for my Citigo 75PS. :)

yes road tax is included for the duration of the agreement. you are not the registered keeper so this needs to be declared to the insurance company

5 minutes ago, ronime said:

Make sure you put that you are not the  or registered keeper, otherwise insurance will be invalid. It would normally be slightly more expensive than on a privately owned car. 

12 minutes ago, maffyou said:

Make sure you put that you are not the  or registered keeper, otherwise insurance will be invalid. It would normally be slightly more expensive than on a privately owned car. 

Good point! How much of an increase are we talking here for lease vehicles? Anyone know?

22 minutes ago, ronime said:

Good point! How much of an increase are we talking here for lease vehicles? Anyone know?

On one quick check it puts mine up about 15% - exactly the same details, but private lease on one, policyholder as owner/keeper on the other. 

9 hours ago, maffyou said:

Would consider that as only a few pounds extra, but think I prefer the blue to them, personally. 

When I picked up my race blue, I saw a red version and immediately regretted not ordering it although I still really like the race blue.

The "Energy Blue" this deal comes in though is akin to that boring blue that all vaxuhall Astra based company cars come in.

30184087_640.jpg

1 hour ago, gRoberts said:

When I picked up my race blue, I saw a red version and immediately regretted not ordering it although I still really like the race blue.

The "Energy Blue" this deal comes in though is akin to that boring blue that all vaxuhall Astra based company cars come in.

30184087_640.jpg

It’s a fair point, but I’ve generally never been very keen on red or white cars, so while the blue isn’t the most exciting option, I’m leaning towards it because the extra cost of the metallic paints (which I much prefer) is pretty hard for me to justify. 

1 hour ago, maffyou said:

It’s a fair point, but I’ve generally never been very keen on red or white cars, so while the blue isn’t the most exciting option, I’m leaning towards it because the extra cost of the metallic paints (which I much prefer) is pretty hard for me to justify. 

Try getting a discount or it for free. Shy bairns and all that ;)

5 hours ago, gRoberts said:

Try getting a discount or it for free. Shy bairns and all that ;)

I'm literally the worst at asking for anything for free. I've had 3x quotes all exactly the same now, so really I should go back to the first and ask if he can sweeten the deal. But God I feel a ****! 

10 minutes ago, dogdiego said:

I'm literally the worst at asking for anything for free. I've had 3x quotes all exactly the same now, so really I should go back to the first and ask if he can sweeten the deal. But God I feel a ****! 

You're not alone but they can't give you a worse deal than what you've been offered. 

Have you ordered from any of them in the past?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

You're not alone but they can't give you a worse deal than what you've been offered. 

Have you ordered from any of them in the past?

Only DM Keith years ago. So haven't really got a relationship with any of them unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, dogdiego said:

Only DM Keith years ago. So haven't really got a relationship with any of them unfortunately.

lol well, given that I've been told on two occasions by the dealer that they don't make anything from PCH, I still made a point of asking if I get anything for being a returning customer.

I doubt they'd even check but you can always say, "look, I have 3 other dealerships who have offered me a similar deal, what can you do to sweeten the deal and make me sign today?"

You can easily play each of them off each other, i.e. "Dealership A had said they could do this, with that, but the guy dealing with PCH is off for two weeks and I want to get it ordered asap, what can you do?"

I wouldn't lie to them, simply say whoever offers me the deal at x amount in colour you want gets your business and you can do the deal today.

Then leave it with them to discuss!!

2 hours ago, jimmyp2 said:

I wouldn't lie to them, simply say whoever offers me the deal at x amount in colour you want gets your business and you can do the deal today.

Then leave it with them to discuss!!

I'll see who's willing to chuck 2/3 years free servicing in I think. 

So having spent an age looking at different deals and making a spreadsheet to compare offers and initial rental amounts, I think I’m going with Leasehub on a 1+23 profile. Overall, this costs about an extra £2 per month compared to 12+23 but without the big initial payment which I’m happy with. Either way, it’s over £100 cheaper per month than my current PCP so I’m happy. 

Just trying to to decide on which extras I’m going to pay for. Ruled out paying for paint as I don’t have to worry about resale and I’ll spend much more time inside it using it than I will looking at it! Currently thinking of adding the privacy glass and wheel with paddles, as I remember a couple of years back lots of people recommending this if you were getting a DSG.

2 hours ago, maffyou said:

So having spent an age looking at different deals and making a spreadsheet to compare offers and initial rental amounts, I think I’m going with Leasehub on a 1+23 profile. Overall, this costs about an extra £2 per month compared to 12+23 but without the big initial payment which I’m happy with. Either way, it’s over £100 cheaper per month than my current PCP so I’m happy. 

Just trying to to decide on which extras I’m going to pay for. Ruled out paying for paint as I don’t have to worry about resale and I’ll spend much more time inside it using it than I will looking at it! Currently thinking of adding the privacy glass and wheel with paddles, as I remember a couple of years back lots of people recommending this if you were getting a DSG.

I wouldn't pay the extra for flappy paddles on a small engine like the 1.0/1.5. From everything I've heard, people use them probably 5% of the time and you can do the same with the gear selector.

If you can, I highly recommend the LED/bi-xenon's if anything at all.

35 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

I wouldn't pay the extra for flappy paddles on a small engine like the 1.0/1.5. From everything I've heard, people use them probably 5% of the time and you can do the same with the gear selector.

If you can, I highly recommend the LED/bi-xenon's if anything at all.

Ok, thanks for the tip, I'd been wondering about that and was in the middle of doing some research - very varied opinions on it! On a related note, what is the difference between the standard multifunction steering wheel and the optional "multifunction steering wheel with radio and telephone controls" which is a cost option (but not the paddles version, which is different again)...? Because if the standard one doesn't have phone and audio controls, in what way is it multifunction!?

Looking at the brochure I can't see any options for the headlights, because that is one I had considered. The only lights option I can see is the "Rear LED lights *high functionality" and "cornering front fog lights".

10 minutes ago, maffyou said:

Ok, thanks for the tip, I'd been wondering about that and was in the middle of doing some research - very varied opinions on it! On a related note, what is the difference between the standard multifunction steering wheel and the optional "multifunction steering wheel with radio and telephone controls" which is a cost option (but not the paddles version, which is different again)...? Because if the standard one doesn't have phone and audio controls, in what way is it multifunction!?

Looking at the brochure I can't see any options for the headlights, because that is one I had considered. The only lights option I can see is the "Rear LED lights *high functionality" and "cornering front fog lights".

Yeah I noticed that too. But thought you may get lucky.

Fingers crossed the MFSW isn't much different from what I have now asides from the flat bottom (I am going to miss it.)

Essentially, you should be able to control the dot matrix display (i.e. switch between different options) and where available, use the voice control and control the radio (i.e. volume, different tracks etc) - I didn't think there was much different beyond that?

• Thanks 1