High idle ????

My Skoda Blackline vrs facelift, diesel has started too idle at 1000rpm. It has been doing it for a while, it's not a regen. Skoda dealership can't find any problems. The fuel consumption has increased also.

Can this be simply rectified?

It has had a stage 1 remap, but I was doing this from time to time prior to the remap.

Please someone help...

It's driving me barmy...

I have the same issue. I thought it was the DPF, but it keeps doing it after manual cleaning using VCDS and driving for 20-30 min. on 2500-3000rpm.

I noticed that it stays on 1000rpm if the car is on neutral gear, but still moving. Once I stop goes back to 770rpm. Is this normal? 

Usually I see high idle at 3 cases:

1) DPF regeneration;

2) hot weather (AC on. Ends when car has driven for some while. Might appear again if you are in a traffic jam and not move much);

3) cold weather (ends when engine has warmed up).

So, if such situation appeared previously from time to time, it could be connected to temperature cases. If it's happening now all the time? Maybe some sensor shows wrong temperature (for example, it thinks that it's rather cold outside). That's just a guess, though.

Thanks for the info guys. To keep you updated. Skoda dealership checked the throttle body, all ok. The dealership checked everything, so they told me, found no faults. 

The remap engineer is coming to see me today to see if it something connected to what he did. ??

Another problem now my aircon has just packed in. Strange noise coming from just behind the unit in the dashboard when I turn it on. Any ideas ??

On 11/10/2018 at 13:00, Jevpls said:

Usually I see high idle at 3 cases:

1) DPF regeneration;

2) hot weather (AC on. Ends when car has driven for some while. Might appear again if you are in a traffic jam and not move much);

3) cold weather (ends when engine has warmed up).

So, if such situation appeared previously from time to time, it could be connected to temperature cases. If it's happening now all the time? Maybe some sensor shows wrong temperature (for example, it thinks that it's rather cold outside). That's just a guess, though.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong with mine? Or maybe this is normal? My car was idling at 1000rpm no matter if still or moving /AC off/. I cleaned the DPF and now I noticed that it keeps 1000 rpm only when the car is still moving /neutral gear/, but once I stop / still neutral gear/ it drops down to 770rpm. The sound of the engine changes too, so I know it's real. This is happening with AC turned off, no matter if the engine is hot or cold. In VCDS I can see the temperatures of the engine oil, engine coolant, fuel, air and I don't think there is anything wrong with these sensors.  I can't see any leaks from the engine or any other place too. This is a photo from the sensors when I did the DPF cleaning /10 days ago/.

20181002_210127.jpg

On 12/10/2018 at 19:18, Yordanoff said:

now I noticed that it keeps 1000 rpm only when the car is still moving /neutral gear/, but once I stop / still neutral gear/ it drops down to 770rpm. The sound of the engine changes too, so I know it's real. 

This is what it should do and is the normal behaviour, there is no problem.

On 12/10/2018 at 07:34, Offski said:

So likely connected issues as the engine was working / increasing the rpm to get the faulty A/C system going.

Repairing the A/C might be all that is required.

So replaced  a fuse, A/C sorted (yes I know I should have checked that first) still idling at 1000rpm.  The remap guy is gonna have a look to see if it something he has done. I am slowly getting fed up with this......I love the car but this is driving me nuts...

On 11/10/2018 at 12:14, penguin17 said:

Initial thought...vacuum leak or EGR valve? 

Check for leaks around the throttle body.

Just had the remap engineer come out. He unclipped  the MAF sensor. The idle went to 770 rpm. Does this denote a faulty sensor or an air leak somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone it's me again. High idle, high fuel consumption. To recap....my Skoda Octavia vrs is still idleing high 1000rpm.

The remap guy was gonna take the map off. But I went for 100 mile trip and the engine ran brilliant for a week, fuel consumption was great no high idle.

Then last Friday come home from work, white smoke coming out the exhaust, a lot of white smoke. Engine running high, fuel consumption gone mad again.

My garage said the only way to sort this problem out is to remove the DPF filter.

I have already spent a fortune on this motor, 

Is this the answer ? I know I been going on about this for a while now, but any advice or help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

I notice from the VCDS screen shot, the throttle is at 15%. Can someone who frequently uses VCDS confirm whether this is normal for an idling car?

Accelerator pedal sensor with a problem?