Hi guys and gals,

my 2015 vRS has the manual pu/cloth seats and I have been offered leather electric seats, is this a plug and play option or is there more to it?

Advise would be welcomed. Do we ever stop improving our Skoda’s?

Apart from the fact that they are leather, rather than plastic, it is the main reason for wanting to change.

Really wondering whether the loom caters for the power take off for the seat motors and if so are there any mods needed to the can us or bam.

BigBute, I'm in the process of retrofitting the vRS manually adjusted heated leater seats. Some advice based on my experience so far (I'm sure others will also contribute).

The electric seat upgrade will be complex. You will need the correct loom from the seat to the BCM and a cliamtronic panel with the heated seat switches. Once the wiring is done the panel will need to be coded to the car and the BCM told that there are heated seats.

In terms of loom, Kufatec do retrofit looms but do not currently offer one for the Mk3 Octavia. The car is an MQB platform so should be similar to the VW Mk7 Golf, which they offers loom for - the heated and electric version is 69.99 euros (https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/golf/golf-7-5q/harness-seat-heating-golf-7-seat-adjustment?action_ms=1). I have seen a heated and electric seat loom on eBay for the Mk3 Superb - which I think may be an MQB platform?

I've fitted my seats and the new climatronic panel and I'm in the process of trying to figure out the wiring (by dissembling a friends Superb with heated seats, the closest I can get to an Octavia) before ordering the Kufatec loom. The plugs to the seat connector differ on the golf (to the Octavia Mk3) so I have some 10-pin connectors to replace the seat and seat harness plugs so that they match up.

One point to consider is that the vRS leather seats are not actually all leather - just the central sections - the same parts that are cloth on the standard vRS seats, the rest is still PU. This is poor by other manufacturers standards - Ford seats are far superior in comparison.

If by any chance you're looking at a set of electric vRS seats with red stitching on eBay, they've been advertised for at least the last two months and have been reduced by a couple of hundred quid. I watched a set of vRs silver trim leather manual seats and they wend for £400 plus delivery. I bought mine (red stitching manual leather seats) for £300 plus delivery.

The main issue with retrofitting heated seats (whether manual or electric) is the lack of information on the subject. When I finally get mine done I'll do a how-to for the forum.

I hope this is of some help. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Wangarai,

wasn’t sure whether I needed electric operation of the seats (I already have heated seats) but I think i’ll Save up to have the seats re-trimmed in leather, seat surgeons in York seem to do a good job and the cost will only be a little more than eBay seats plus looms. Will do this in the spring and photograph.

Your comments have been extremely helpful in making up my mind which way to go.

Onto the next job this weekend, tinting the rear windows (B post back)

• Like 1

Trust2K - wow, the facelift seats look fantastic, great work!

Did you use a Skoda / aftermarket wiring or did you make your own?

Also, can you advise where the wires connect to at the dashboard end - is it only to the BCM, or are there other wires that are connected elsewhere?

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

@Trust2k

Would you have any instructions on how to complete the swap? I can't seem to find any direct instructions on how to replace manual seats with powered seats.

I'm interested in the wiring specifically.