Cheap taillight cap solution

Hi all i too lost one of these and was faced with a  the same dilemma, do iIpay £4 each or just leave it....I chose to fork out the £4 from one of the dealers advertised here when the package arrived there were 10 in the package I think so maybe the MOQ for these is 10 but come as a single "part" i.e one bag of 10 pieces. I'll try to dig up the original email and update. Email found and updated may have been a mistake  and sent too many?

Sent: 26 October 2017 17:12
To: roy dearlove
Subject: RE: skoda superb estate pk12zty

Hi Roy

£4.80 inc VAT each.

My Ref:

Kind Regards,

Sent: 26 October 2017 16:13
To:[email protected]
Subject: skoda superb estate pk12zty

Hi I am after one off rear light cover cap item 12.

image.png.47a225157bea41db06d5895ade019aa6.png

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Edited by roynhayley
Details updated

7 minutes ago, roynhayley said:

I chose to fork out the £4 from one of the dealers advertised here when the package arrived there were 10 in the package I think so maybe the MOQ for these is 10 but come as a single "part" i.e one bag of 10 pieces.

I've rechecked with my authorized Skoda local dealer and they've shown me the item in the bag, and it is declared as a single piece (not a set), for the stated price ... anything other than that can only be a lucky mistake in case you've received far too much for far less ... you can take the part no and to the online search, it is all in "piece" not "set"

OK I accept that I may have been lucky, as these came from a seat dealer they may have a different pricing policy, who knows, Might be worth giving a call to Mike for those of us in the UK!! nevertheless this is a good find as the original covers are so flimsy and break just by looking at them.

Edited by roynhayley
detail

It wouldn't be a first that someone made a mistake (which is great for the end buyer), but things are as they're declared and the answer you've provided is clear:

15 minutes ago, roynhayley said:

Hi Roy

£4.80 inc VAT each.

So, for anyone else, feel free to take advantage of this offer if it is still available. But still, my suggested solution is still much, much cheaper and better ... :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22mm-Diameter-Round-Plastic-Blanking-End-Cap-Tubing-Tube-Insert-5-Pcs-S7F3-/112921079081

Same item same result, big thanks to @vborovic for telling us all!

I think I'll try some of these for £0.99 it's worth a go

Edited by roynhayley
detail

Not the "same" item, the one you've provided is listed as 0.99 GBP (plus PayPal takes its provision on that amount, making it somewhere around 1.10 GBP) ... on Aliexpress you can pay directly with your credit/debit card (no intermediaries), and the price is 0.63 USD ... ;) ... both are from China (probably from the same garage) ... :D

Edited by vborovic

Just ordered the 99p one's and that is all I have paid. Not quite sure where the extra 20p is suppose to be and yes I used my eBay and PayPal accounts.

Quick delivery sometime on from the 6th November to 5th December, this year mind you. Had those sort of dates before and items have sometimes turned up earlier.:giggle:

I too bulked at the £5 ish price each as I was told and had seen on the parts screen. thank you to those above for reminding me to do something about it.:thumbup:

Edited by Danny 57

12 minutes ago, Danny 57 said:

Not quite sure where the extra 20p is suppose to be

PayPal has transaction fees, which are 95% of times paid by the customer (you'll rarely find a seller that will offer to cover those for the buyer) ... I checked now while attempting a checkout, the calculated exchange rate from my home currency on the ebay is 8.77 in my currency ... the highest selling for the GBP in Croatia is currently 8.66 ... guess where the difference is going ... :D ... of course, this is trivial on this amount, but the concept is true for larger transactions as well ... let me see if you'll gladly be handing over 100 GBP to PayPal on amounts around 1500 GBP

I hear what you are saying it is simply that I have only ever paid the listed price on anything from whoever via PayPal. Even when I have spent over a £100 through PayPal I have never had a transaction fee. Which is perhaps why I did not understand the transaction cost.

Btw PayPal have been encouraging me to open a credit account for ages. That will not happen.

Edited by Danny 57

I've made close to 500 purchases over 10 years on ebay, trust me, I know how the system works (and I've even sold a few items, so I know the seller part) ... on another note, PayPal is slowly losing ebay presence, next year the main digital payment will be through Adyen, not PayPal

@vborovic

When paying through PayPal - buyer NEVER pays more than listed price - no commission / transaction fee - only currency conversion.

Whatever is hidden/included in the price - is a different story - the same as when you pay in physical store. 

I'm buying at least 100 items a month and have few times more sales ;) so trust me, I know how it works ;)

eBay is switching to Ayden only because they are greedy - not because they want to make better "buying experience" for buyers. They are forcing sellers to switch to Ayden - but ANYONE who done this already - regret this decision. And for medium and large sellers - it will be more expensive. But it's completely off topic ;)

6 hours ago, jafo said:

buyer NEVER pays more than listed price - no commission / transaction fee - only currency conversion

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fees-Archive/Buyer-Fees/td-p/75875

https://kaylasloan.com/how-to-decrease-your-paypal-fees/

I'm done for the day ... :)

1st link is a bit old - 8 years old ;)

2nd is for sellers ;)

I've read PayPal's T&Cs and there is info about cross border currency conversion payment fee - but it looks like it's charged only for personal transfers - not purchases.

I've never experienced such fee myself and I'm paying in USD to China / HK based eBay sellers on a daily basis - so payments made for items bought on eBay are not charged any additional fees. Maybe it was back then - but it's not happening now.