Petrol prices

Sad555

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

In Leicester Asda and Morrisons are charging £1.027 per litre for unleaded and Sainsbury's £1.029 per litre.

Similar in Barnstaple - Asda £1.027 but Tesco & Sainsburys £1.029 per litre.

4 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Similar in Barnstaple - Asda £1.027 but Tesco & Sainsburys £1.029 per litre.

Does not Exmoor petrol stations get to charge 5p a litre less like the Highlands ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Does not Exmoor petrol stations get to charge 5p a litre less like the Highlands ?

Sadly the opposite, petrol stations on Exmoor are more expensive - the one nearest to me is currently charging £1.099 per litre for unleaded.

1 hour ago, Defenderben said:

Tavistock is 99p unleaded and £1.04 Diesel.

And were usually a good few pence more expensive than Plymouth but no been there for weeks to know.

That is mad, nearest refinery is Southampton I guess.

I usually fill up at Tescos Roborough but at least has completion with Asda selling lofs of fuel but then  it does not sell high octane which I prefer in the bike and the Fabia VRS preferred. 

52 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

I usually fill up at Tescos Roborough but at least has completion with Asda selling lofs of fuel but then  it does not sell high octane which I prefer in the bike and the Fabia VRS preferred. 

We have main fuel terminals in Plymouth, Cattedown area: I know one is run by Greenergy, as I work on that site sometimes. The other is the one that supply Morrisons and some others. Perhaps this makes it so cheap for us?

I was having a look on the GREENERGY website and some of the terminals / depots / storage they co-owned with Royal Dutch Shell are now not on the map.

I have not seen what they have done with or who now owns or operates them.

Different brands as well that i had not seen like INVER in the UK.

4 hours ago, Defenderben said:

We have main fuel terminals in Plymouth, Cattedown area: I know one is run by Greenergy, as I work on that site sometimes. The other is the one that supply Morrisons and some others. Perhaps this makes it so cheap for us?

Oh yes, I remember seeing them on my coastal patrol and popping between marinas as to yacht arrivals, might be a reason but I suspect it is simply down to competition and what the supermarkets reckon they can get away with sadly.   Plymouth has plenty but Worcester little.

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lol-lol said:

When I lived in Southampton it was "local knowledge" that you bought petrol as far away from Fawley as possible - as the petrol price got HIGHER the nearer you got to Fawley. Crazy but true...

8 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

When I lived in Southampton it was "local knowledge" that you bought petrol as far away from Fawley as possible - as the petrol price got HIGHER the nearer you got to Fawley. Crazy but true...

I have worked out of Cadnam and now occasionally go to Totton.

What MPG do you average in your MK 3 1.4 TSI ?

So impressed with mine where I have spent nearly all my time averaging well over 50 mpg but in the last 2 months, with only runs to Tesco a mile away, I am down to 30 MPG ! 

6 hours ago, lol-lol said:

What MPG do you average in your MK 3 1.4 TSI ?

So impressed with mine where I have spent nearly all my time averaging well over 50 mpg but in the last 2 months, with only runs to Tesco a mile away, I am down to 30 MPG ! 

The majority of our driving (pre-lockdown) has been local shopping runs, so we average 45mpg.

Just now, PetrolDave said:

The majority of our driving (pre-lockdown) has been local shopping runs, so we average 45mpg.

I tend to do long runs in the Octy and use the naturally aspirated car for the short journeys so I bought a 1600 cc scenic for runs to the dump etc and that only gets 40 mpg or so.

Mines the 7 speed DSG which helps MPG especially when in eco mode when it goes in to coast mode and one watches the range climb.

Went for a CSMA warranty as it passed 3 years old and intend to keep for another 2 or 3 years before going electric.

Tesco in Dunfermline was 99.9p for petrol and 106.9 for derv.

Which is great except I've done about 50 miles in the last month.