Wing mirrors when reversing

mine is a RHD, so i permenantly leave the wing mirror controls on "L".  that way, everytime i put the car in reverse, the left wing mirror drops.

this is assuming u've already "trained/saved" the wing mirror drop position.

if ur LHD, leave it pointing to "R".

if its pointing 12 o'clock, i.e. straight - the mirror won't drop.

Edited by JR RS

10 hours ago, PMA_Bob said:

I too leave mine on Left side. I found the set up instructions in the manual. I had to adjust mine to make it lower when reversing. So check that too. 

I too have the L&K. Setting the mirror dip is a two stage process. First it has to be enabled within the infotainment (which it sounds like you have already done). Then, with ignition on, put the mirror selector to L (for RHD car), select reverse gear, adjust the mirror to the desired dip position, disengage reverse. According to the manual that is enough to save the setting, but I always press Set and my seat memory number on the right hand side of the seat base, just to be sure.

One thing to be aware of - having dipped, it won't move back to the normal driving position until you are driving forwards at 5mph+. I thought this was a fault at first, but it's designed that way. As others have said, once it has been set the selector needs to be moved to L for it to work - I leave mine there all the time.

Edited by BriskodaJeff
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

I too have the L&K. Setting the mirror dip is a two stage process. First it has to be enabled within the infotainment (which it sounds like you have already done). Then, with ignition on, put the mirror selector to L (for RHD car), select reverse gear, adjust the mirror to the desired dip position, disengage reverse. According to the manual that is enough to save the setting, but I always press Set and my seat memory number on the right hand side of the seat base, just to be sure.

One thing to be aware of - having dipped, it won't move back to the normal driving position until you are driving forwards at 5mph+. I thought this was a fault at first, but it's designed that way. As others have said, once it has been set the selector needs to be moved to L for it to work - I leave mine there all the time.

Yes agreed, my mirror stays in the position until a set forward speed. My doors also lock at this speed. It is a good feature. As parking can include several forward and reverse movements, it would be terrible for the mirror to yo-yo. During the forward  and backwards travel. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arseneknows said:

Good to know thanks all.

Mirror working now as expected, any reason why Skoda decided just to dip one mirror and not both?

Probably because the kerb is only on one side. This is what's going to do the damage to your wheels.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 02/11/2018 at 20:41, Arseneknows said:

I suppose that's right but there are plenty of times when a curb, bollard, etc are on the drivers side.:o

That's what the window is for!  ;)

• 9 months later...
39 minutes ago, eoinwhite said:

My mirror does drop to the saved position when I select reverse, however it never raises, even after 5mph ... Am I missing a step?

I always have to bring it back up using the control knob

Apply the process as describe in the manual once again from the beginning.

Do you put the knob back in 'neutral' position before saving your settings in memory? It could be the step you've missed.

50 minutes ago, eoinwhite said:

My mirror does drop to the saved position when I select reverse, however it never raises, even after 5mph ... Am I missing a step?

I always have to bring it back up using the control knob

I think I read 15mph somewhere?

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/11/2018 at 10:10, BriskodaJeff said:

I have a 2019 L&K and my mirror doesn't go back up when I start driving which is annoying I have to keep resetting it everytime I start driving again. However my 2016 SE-L worked fine. I'm thinking I need to take my car on to have it looked at.

Edited by RCW89

• 4 years later...
On 02/11/2018 at 13:34, Arseneknows said:

Mirror working now as expected, any reason why Skoda decided just to dip one mirror and not both?

I was wondering this but suppose it's a safety thing as whatever side the kerb's on, you'll want an eye on traffic on the other side