Front electric windows dead

Bartor

Someone on one of the sites, could have been on the Fabia site said you can get them from abroad cheaper. 

I got mine from my local Skoda £90.

Fitting , if your handy with tools, you just have to take things step by step. 

Yes, I've recently had to obtain a Skoda door loom, my central locking stopped working from the remote, same fault, broken wires within the gaiter.

The OP has same combination as on mine (electric fronts, manual rears), my dealer worked off the reg. no as there's several different driver door looms to suit different Roomster trims, years etc. Loom just under £100, fitting a lot less by my handy independent local garage.

Car now 11.5yrs old.  Around 4yrs ago both fronts failed (in some VERY wet weather, annoyingly), had to fit replacement driver side combined elec window motor-cum regulator, as gather it controls the nearside window too. Recall the part alone was c £160... plus fitting by my local chap.

My hatch gaiter wires failed in May 17, there was a neat German-made repair kit (SENCOM) to fix that, it was a LOT cheaper than the driver door loom Skoda part!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As an update:

I couldn't see any broken wires so took it in to the dealer.  They diagnosed the fault to a faulty motor/control module in the drivers door.  They couldn't see the central locking fault so assumed it had fixed that.  The windows now work but the central locking is still intermittent.  I've taken it back and the drivers latch is on its way out too.  Seeing as I've just shelled out nigh on 400 for the first repair and they've quoted 220 just to get the latch in, how easy is it to replace the drivers central locking latch?

Hi Bartor,

I've had that fail on my driver's door, I sourced a latch online via the bay of e for c£25, and my small independent local garageman fitted it for, I can't recall exactly, but probably about £50 labour.

HTH.

Richard

PS, yes, I've also had to replace that combined motor and control module, about £160 the part, plus local labour charge to fit.

I have found several versions of the latch on the well known auction site.  They all say they are the front right lock actuator but have different oem part numbers. Is there any way of knowing which is the correct one bar taking off the door card and looking at the existing.  The part numbers quoted are 3B1837016AQ AM BV BP BR.  The last two letters change each time.