Heated front seats.

NZ100

1 hour ago, Tech1e said:

And what Kufatec loom did you order, one for a Roomster or Fabia? What switches so you have? Fabia ones?

They don't do a loom for Roomster.

I ordered a Polo loom to make sure I got the right plugs for the seats. I was given 4 heater control switches , only 2 fit.

Just now, NZ100 said:

They don't do a loom for Roomster.

I ordered a Polo loom to make sure I got the right plugs for the seats. I was given 4 heater control switches , only 2 fit.

So you are trying to fit Roomster seats, using a Polo loom into a MK1 Fabia?

Things getting a bit lost.

I have some VW Polo seats, with a Polo loom, which are going in a Roomster, the Polo seats are a direct fit.

Just been looking at where yellow and purple go, they go to each plug under each seat. Could they go to fuses.

Edited by NZ100
X

4 minutes ago, NZ100 said:

Things getting a bit lost.

I have some VW Polo seats, with a Polo loom, which are going in a Roomster, the Polo seats are a direct fit.

No wonder as this is in the MK1 Fabia section of the site.

So we need the details for the Polo donor to check the wiring diagram (assuming we can find one) and then we need what pins in what plugs the Kufatec wires are connected too.

This is the plug that plugs in directly under the seat.

Yellow to one seat, purple to the other seat.

The wires don't go anywhere else, so they plug into something direct. 

20181119_144804.jpg

What year is your Roomster, fella? There are three different wiring documents that may apply, from March 2006, from March 2010 or from May 2013. Need to know which one to look at.

Also, do you have any idea what year the Polo was that the seats came from?

Edited by Wino

5 minutes ago, Wino said:

What year is your Roomster, fella? There are three different wiring documents that may apply, from March 2006, from March 2010 or from May 2013. Need to know which one to look at.

Also, do you have any idea what year the Polo was that the seats came from?

Roomster 2008 1.9 tdi.  Polo seats , 2005. 

7 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

What position are the yelllow/purple wire in?

On that plug, the purple wire is the second one down.

Is that what you mean ?

Just now, NZ100 said:

On that plug, the purple wire is the second one down.

Is that what you mean ?

Yes, in order to look at the wiring diagram and know which wires they are and trace where they are going we need to know what socket number they are in on that plug.

Been staring at circuits for a while and I'm not getting far.  The way it's done on Polo and Roomster seem quite different.  Polo has control units (J131, 132) under the seat and a connection to the onboard supply control unit (J519), Roomster has relays on the relay panel and no connection to the J519 unit.  I guess you need to pretend the car's a Polo for the sake of getting this going but without knowing what the connection from J519 does, it may be tricky, It may also be a bit sketchy to wire it all up without knowing that the temperature sensing etc. is working correctly.

What do the switches you've fitted and not fitted look like?

• Like 1

@NZ100 sorry for the delay in replying.

I'm fairly sure the yellow and violet wires form part of the load management system so that the CCM can shut off the seats if the battery voltage drops too low.

The connections should be as follows:

Violet - Connector XS2 Pin 10 on CCM

Yellow - Connector XS2 Pin 3 on CCM

Hope this helps!

ccmPinout.PNG

10 hours ago, Xylynx said:

I'm fairly sure the yellow and violet wires form part of the load management system so that the CCM can shut off the seats if the battery voltage drops too low.

Ah, yes, that would make sense. Doesn't seem to appear in the Roomster wiring though. So I doubt those pins will be functionally equivalent on the Roomster.

I wonder if the controllers would carry on regardless if those wires were just left disconnected? One way to find out...

That's great in one sense , but not in another. the fact that X sorted what the yellow and purple wire do, but then  W figured there's no where to plug them . 

At least were further forward than we were.

That only leaves the two wires. So we know where the ground goes.  Is the ignition wire classed as live ? 

I thought I'd got this sussed a few minutes ago, but then the haze descended again as I found different circuits for different versions of the seat heating in the Polo diagrams that had different pin numbering on the switches from the numbering on the circuit I posted on page 1 (which I now think must be Fabia type).

Starting again from what I hope is the right Polo diagram.

Ignoring Pin 1 of the Kufatec connectors for now as we don't have anywhere to put it...

For each seat/switch combination

Pin 2 of the Kufatec connector needs to go to pin 4 of the switch

Pin 3 of the Kufatec connector needs to go to chassis/earth as does pin 5 of the switch

Pin 4 of the Kufatec connector needs to go to an ignition-switched 12V 15A fused supply as does pin 3 of the switch

The 15A fuse should be shared with the other seat

Also, if you want the switch to light up like the other switches, pin 6 needs to have a feed from the dash illumination rail

Not sure what if anything your switches are currently plugged into, but if there is an existing connector in the car for each, we'll need to know which colour wires go to which pin numbers. They probably don't go where you need them to.

Try to get better photos of the Kufatec connector showing pin numbers (I think it goes 123 down one side and then 4 opposite 1?, of the ones with wires in), and one of the switches again showing connector pin numbers if possible.

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

Hi Wino, don't take this the wrong way, but you might be too good at what you do. For what you have done up to now, is amazing. I could not have done it.

Just to take things back, i purchased some VW Polo seats, mainly for comfort, but they also had heating in them. The seats are going into a Roomster, they are a direct fit.

I thought, before i fit them, would i be able to sort the heating out first. Took a chance and ordered a loom, for a VW Polo, to be sure i got the right plugs to plug  under the seat, and also the control switches . So the loom fits everything.  Where do you connect the five connections you have at the end of the loom. Do i need the control switches to be illuminated , not really. Down to four wires, we now have, yellow and purple wires, X figured they were to do with battery management . Down to two wires, one is ground, the other is ignition . W, sorted that the Roomster, electrically , does not have the places to plug the yellow and the purple wires in. 

What would happen if i just linked up the ground, and the ignition wires up ?

1 minute ago, NZ100 said:

What would happen if i just linked up the ground, and the ignition wires up ?

Try it (as already said elsewhere).

Essentially is a very simple circuit and shouldnt be over complicated. As long as the ignition live is fused then it should be all good.

11 minutes ago, NZ100 said:

So the loom fits everything

That's what I'm struggling to visualise. You've posted a photo of the car side of the underseat connector with only four terminals populated.

You've posted a picture of a Kufatec plug with only four wires connected. I made the assumption that fits the plug with only four wires. Two of these, one for each seat? One with a 'purple' wire, one with a 'yellow'?

You've said nothing about what other bits of loom might be supplied such as might connect to the switches.  Help us to help you.