Workshop manual

Simon D

Hi,

I have the Workshop-Manuals.com downloaded manual, but find that half the content is missing, (i.e. links to sub-sections that don't exist).  Looking for an alternative, I see that Easymanuals.co.uk do a pdf download at £14.99.  Has anyone tried this and what do they think?  Any other alternatives recommended?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Follow langers's link, then browse the under the Individual vehicle information tab, choose Repair information and then choose Model Yeti. With just an hour's access you could download every relevant pdf in there given a half decent internet connection, and probably then have time to download all the Self Study Programmes that might interest you in the Training items area. When you get bored of downloading those, pop into the Vehicle-specific information tab and download your full 'Car data' by inputting your VIN.

7 Euros + tax, job done.

As Wino mentioned, you can probably get most of what you need in an hour.

Even at €25 I think it's a bargain when compared to the cost of your car, an hours labour in a garage or even a tank of fuel...

It could certainly get expensive if you need to access it frequently which is why I suggested using a "print to pdf" function.

I did not know about the download your full vehicle data option when I had my hours access, I got all the repair manuals and wiring diagrams I needed and also filled my boots with self study guides (they are very good).

Happy to pay again but can someone give me an idea of what the "car data" consists of please?

I recently ordered some discs and pads using the whatever its called code from the inside of the service manual, from what I hear they may turn out to be the wrong size, is this the sort of data that would be included and would it be aby more correct or detailed than transposing the codes from the vehicle sticker?

It's a list about 6-10 times* as long as the sticker, with every PR code for your car, plus descriptions of what they mean. Some of the definitions are a little generic. Little taster from my Polo's data here (it's a five page pdf).

Whether it's more accurate than the sticker, dunno, seems likely it would be the same?

Screenshot 2018-11-07 19.03.32.png

*Guessed numbers, TBH...

Edited by Wino

Thanks langers2k and Wino, but as I live in rural West Wales, we do not have decent internet, (currently averaging about 0.95Mb/s; can be quite a bit slower), so one hour will not be long enough.

Guess I'll just have to shell out €25 and spend a few hours downloading....

You never know, you may manage it in an hour.

Our broadband isn't great (faster than yours though, admittedly) but in 1 determined hour I managed to download all guides for my Yeti, my wife's Superb, and a bigbunch of self-study guides too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, guys.  I logged in to Erwin today, paid my €7 and prayed that the wifi would behave.  It did, so I'm now the proud owner of all the relevant manuals, wiring diagrams, training manuals and vehicle data I could want.  Result!

Now to look up how to remove the headlining to reattach a loose drain hose for the panoramic sun roof, which is leaking into the car.  Another project that will no doubt take longer than expected...

• Like 2