MY19 keyless keys

1 hour ago, xman said:

Skoda/Vag should really be offering key upgrades at cost to people with older unsecure kessy.

Doubt it will happen though.

I believe that would be extremely expensive for them. So we can only dream :P 

I am absolutely certain the price, as charged, for a replacement key is anywhere close to the cost, to produce.  Just appears to be one of those areas where they really do take the ****

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adrian55555 said:

Depending whether a new key will work with older cars it maybe worth the cost to upgrade.  If its 200-300 quid! Its a lot less of a hit than of your car was stolen with costs associated 

As annoying as it is, its much cheaper to buy small bag that stops keysless signals at home than buying new keys. I have 3 kessy keys and its not simple swap to do. You need to connect them to the onboard computer as well. For 1 person it may seem small cost (but u get like 1 key for 300 pounds) imagine how many cars are out there with keyless entry?

On mine if you lock with the button on the key and then touch the lock on the door handle it turns Kessy off so you have to press the unlock button to open the car. Resets every time you open the car, but handy if you are leaving the car overnight or whilst on hols.

• Like 4

I notice that Kessy annoyingly is now an extra in Ireland on Sportline and Style (SEL). Having got it on my Sportline it an extra I’d really hate to lose in the future

On 17/11/2018 at 09:01, Flipfly said:

On mine if you lock with the button on the key and then touch the lock on the door handle it turns Kessy off so you have to press the unlock button to open the car. Resets every time you open the car, but handy if you are leaving the car overnight or whilst on hols.

Just tried this on mine....it works....makes the car secure overnight whilst still having kessy during the day...can't believe this isn't publicised more, this will foil the scroates using the relay to steal cars.

• Like 1