Car theives or a fault with the car?

Day40

Hello,

To my surprise I found my car (Skoda Superb Estate Mk.2) with all 4 windows all the way down today, when parked in front of my house after short trip.

I am 101% sure I didn't leave it like that. The doors were still locked and nothing was missing.

Is this something to worry about my car's safety? Is it a common fault with the car or is it something car theives are able to do with some sort of device to open doors or windows?

I am puzzled!

Thanx for taking the time to read this and reply!

5 minutes ago, Day40 said:

Not sure, I may have... Is it possible to lower all 4 windows by doing this?

Yes, done it myself.

When opening the car hold the unlock button and the windows will all open. If you have any windows open when you lock the car they will close if you hold the lock button down.

• Thanks 1

Went to have a look at the new Ateca when it first came out. Asked one of the salesmen if he thought it a good idea to leave all your windows and sunroof open when it's absolutely lashing it down? 

Of course not. 

That's when I pointed to a car in their staff carpark. 

Ah, that's the Dealer Principals vehicle. I'll go and give him the good news that he's sat on his keys again. 

Ass problem.

I open the boot of the beemer all the time doing the same thing.

Did it with my Octavia windows too and other cars.

• Thanks 1

This happened to me while keys were in my jeans (side) pocket...due to pressure of my leg against keys.

I now take them out of my pocket before I sit down (and I was lucky...it didn't rain :))

• Thanks 1