Start stop and DSG

Wouldn’t condone doing it but I would imagine if it was bad for the car vag group would have made it impossible to move the leaver  to neutral without pushing in the button on the lever, the manual says it’s so you u can rock the car if it gets suck on in snow

Edited by Joebloggs67

5 hours ago, Offski said:

^^^^ Depends which car and engine you have.  They are not all the same.

'Coasting function' disengages drive so the difference from going into 'Neutral' is the Engineers designed it with Software Engineers to do what they do and that has been evolving over the past years from when there was no 'Coasting Function'.

There were DSG that were 'Coasting' as VW were trying out the tech, and some drivers were aware but the tech was not 'Official' yet.

VW had it there with Defeat Devices in the ECU's for 'Cheating EU' or USA Testing....

PS

A DSG is not an automatic gearbox even though there are 2 pedals, it is an Automated Manual  and a Wet Clutch & Dry Twin Clutch are different again.

Still Automated Manuals though.

I haven’t met any twin clutch stick shifts though, so I still call the DSG box an auto.