Adaptive Lights

SteveH0773

Hi All,

I've been driving our new SE-L on country roads at night for the first time, and I don't see the adaptive lights... adapting? They level when the engine is started, but they don't swivel like our Yeti used to, and when cornering on roads and changing speed they don't swivel or appear to adapt at all.

Should the lights swivel when cornering etc?

Cheers

It is not easy to notice the up and down movement during ride depending to the speed. 

I am not sure about cornering, probably only fog lights assist.

But when pushing the stalk forward I can notice the swivel on high beam

13 hours ago, SteveH0773 said:

Hi All,

I've been driving our new SE-L on country roads at night for the first time, and I don't see the adaptive lights... adapting? They level when the engine is started, but they don't swivel like our Yeti used to, and when cornering on roads and changing speed they don't swivel or appear to adapt at all.

Should the lights swivel when cornering etc?

Cheers

Make sure you are not in “Eco” mode, this mode disables the lights aspart of the power saving.

Or it did on earlier VAG cars with Xenon lights.

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

As far as I understand, what you're seeing is normal and it's working as expected.

I don't think the Karoq LED AFS system can move the projector left and right like the older Yeti Xenon system.

The main projector can only move up/down for levelling/range adjustment. For cornering, it'll turn a separate LED on/off but I'm not sure it's effective at speed when compared to the older xenon systems.

• Like 1

Speaking from a Mk3 FL Octavia P.O.V., the new LED systems dont swivel like the older Xenon systems. The beam does change and adapt depending on speed and steering angle but it doesn’t move the projector.  The best way to see the beam changing is to go for a passenger ride at night. That way you’ll be able to just watch the light beam change. 

• Like 1

Apart from when I first switch on the lights I only notice the beam moving up/down when I stop at a traffic lights and see the line of the beam slowly move up/down the boot of the vehicle in front to find the level after braking, this is better observed on a van or bus with more metalwork to see the line.  Apart from it is not easy to see when they adapt.  The cornering light is easy to see and if you are going slowly enough down a road, e.g. slow moving queue of traffic you can 'flick' the wheel quickly left or right and see the respective light coming on, then dimming down and turning off (not recommended at high speed, tends to scare the driver behind!).

• Like 1