MP3 music skips/jumps

fabiagn

Anyone else having problems playing MP3 files with them skipping etc stuttering. it stays on the track ok its just the music will jump 1 sec fwd or back on regular intervals. Sounds like a damaged CD from years ago. It happens randomly on any MP3 file (the files work on all my other devices and Fabia Bolero OK). Tried using SD card and a USB stick, same result. Format is fat32 and size is only 16GB.

Not sure what else to try?

cheers

Edited by fabiagn

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2018 at 14:10, Grumpy Geaser said:

I have the Bolero unit and it plays all my MP3 files just fine so may be a faulty unit. My format is same and a 32GB SD card.

I have an Amundsen unit and use MP3 and MP4 files and it works fine. 32GB SD card although with only about 6 albums on it so far.  If the SD card and USB drive work OK in your Fabia, I would go with a faulty unit

• 4 years later...
On 20/12/2018 at 12:45, fabiagn said:

Anyone else having problems playing MP3 files with them skipping etc stuttering. it stays on the track ok its just the music will jump 1 sec fwd or back on regular intervals. Sounds like a damaged CD from years ago. It happens randomly on any MP3 file (the files work on all my other devices and Fabia Bolero OK). Tried using SD card and a USB stick, same result. Format is fat32 and size is only 16GB.

cheers

I have exactly the same problem with my Octavia Combi but it happens only at the beginning of the track. Did you find a solution?

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2018 at 13:45, fabiagn said:

cheers

you need to re-encode your mp3's to CBR(constant bit rate), do not use VBR or ABR :)

• 3 months later...

Mine jumps to the start of one particular album, when I switch on. All the time I am driving, and picked an album, all works well, smoothly starting the next album in order. Turn off, come back, and it has jumped to the start of that particular album. First world problem, I know, but damned annoying.