Mystery hole???

Afternoon all,

Can anyone help me? might seem stupid but ive got something stuck in the hole that I've highlighted in the picture and I cant get it out.....anyoneone know how I can?

Thanks in advance

Steve

skoda fab 1.jpg

Edited by SkodaSteve88

What car? You're in mk2 Fabia section, but your profile says Citigo?

For Mk2 Fabia, the rear footwell vent parts look to be 11, 12, 13 here if it helps work out where it may have gone? https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2008-608/8/819-819030/

Edited by Wino

Coat hanger or thinner wire with a hook shape on the end.

A piece of plastic banding folded over.

Jack the front of the car up very high and it might roll out.

Drive backwards down a steep hill and brake sharply, it might roll out.

Thanks AG Falco

16 hours ago, Wino said:

What car? You're in mk2 Fabia section, but your profile says Citigo?

For Mk2 Fabia, the rear footwell vent parts look to be 11, 12, 13 here if it helps work out where it may have gone? https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2008-608/8/819-819030/

not updated my profile since I got my Fabia Monte Carlo. my badB)

Sorry, couldn't resist. This is for everyone that grew up in the 70s!

IMG_0266.JPG

Back to the OP. Remove the passenger seat. It uses splined bolts. 1/2" ratchet, extension piece and splined drive bit. Remove all 4 bolts, then tilt the seat forward. Good excuse to vacuum down the sides. With the seat out if the way (don't disconnect the cables) or you'll need to clear error with VCDS. You should be able to prize off the plastic air vent to get whatever it is you've lost.

One word if caution, when refitting the seat bolts, ensure they are properly aligned and seated, it's easy the cross-thread. If they tighten too soon, back off, and adjust angle.

Edited by spartacus68

If its metallic, try a magnet first. Either one of those extending ones or tie one to some string, insert and wiggle a little. (The magnet, not your tush).

If non-metallic, try fishing it out with a small net or something. This solution may save you from removing the seat, carpet and the plastic it is lodged in!