Hardware version: H04
    ODX name: EV_HighBeamAssisAU37X
    ODX version: 001009
    Long coding: 02018F6B76765D525220343E01

Trouble codes: 
        B200047 - Ctrl. module faulty
            static

I'm new to the terminology and I'm unclear as to what the 'Ctrl. module' is :D

Shall I assume that the sensor (one built into the rearview mirror) died (and needs to be replaced) or...?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to replace the sensor (entire mirror), but the problem persists (OBDeleven finds the new part, but shows the same error). 

Anybody knows where does the control module that controls the HBA live? How does it look like :D?

Edited by milan_ns

• 2 weeks later...

I have resolved the problem!

Firstly I got a new (used) mirror, which, as it turned out, also had a faulty HBA sensor.

Then on my second attempt I got myself another one, again used, for 90 EUR - new one is like 475 EUR :ohmy:

Using OBDEleven Pro I updated the long code on the replacement to match my old faulty mirror (replacement was coded for a VW Golf) and viola - my HBA works again!!

I have managed to code HBA with VCDS but how do I adjust the speed it turns on and off. I live on a dark windy road and need them to come on earlier that the speed they do it is for a Skoda Superb Mkiii. I can't find any information on how to do this. Please can anyone help me?

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 22:35, Biblobong said:

Hi my car is a superb and not an octavia and it doesn't come up with any of those options to reduce the speed? I.E. Activation speed for high beam assist is not on my drop down list am I doing something wrong?

If it is a recent model (MY18 onwards) the adaptation to change the speed is no longer available, so it's not you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2019 at 14:29, milan_ns said:

I have resolved the problem!

Firstly I got a new (used) mirror, which, as it turned out, also had a faulty HBA sensor.

Then on my second attempt I got myself another one, again used, for 90 EUR - new one is like 475 EUR :ohmy:

Using OBDEleven Pro I updated the long code on the replacement to match my old faulty mirror (replacement was coded for a VW Golf) and viola - my HBA works again!!

I got the same problem. could you tell me where did you get this 2nd hand part from? what it is called (the whole unit including mirror and sensor,is there any part number?) thanks in advance.

Part number is "5G0857511D SMA".

I got one on ebay (faulty as it turned out) and another one from Allegro.pl website.

On Allegro you can find quite a few of these mirrors:

https://goo.gl/t5pNYb

Website is in polish only, but I managed with the help of Google Translate :)

Keep in mind that you will most likely need to code the replacement mirror to fit your car before it starts working.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, milan_ns said:

Part number is "5G0857511D SMA".

I got one on ebay (faulty as it turned out) and another one from Allegro.pl website.

On Allegro you can find quite a few of these mirrors:

https://goo.gl/t5pNYb

Website is in polish only, but I managed with the help of Google Translate :)

Keep in mind that you will most likely need to code the replacement mirror to fit your car before it starts working.

Would that part number be applicable for my car? I have realised that you are not from London..So, I am wondering what would be the real part number for my car?

30 minutes ago, automass said:

Would that part number be applicable for my car? I have realised that you are not from London..So, I am wondering what would be the real part number for my car?

I would imagine it is the same part number. I got one of my mirrors from Ireland - and they also drive on the left.

You could check though. Just have a look at the number stamped on the bottom of your current mirror, if you still have it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, milan_ns said:

I would imagine it is the same part number. I got one of my mirrors from Ireland - and they also drive on the left.

You could check though. Just have a look at the number stamped on the bottom of your current mirror, if you still have it.

I am gonna check it right away now..by the way, once it is replaced do I need coding too? can I do it by OBD11? would you be able to help me. I have spoken to skoda and they are charging me £111 just to diagnose the fault. if I can get the part (2nd hand) and get local garage to replace it ..i think that would be cheapest away to deal with it.

You can do it all yourself - if you have OBD11 Pro.

No tools required.

It takes like 15 minutes.

Steps:

• connect the ODB11 Pro

• read the "long code" from the existing faulty part (it is under "20 High Beam Assistance" sub-system) and note it down

• remove the faulty mirror

• remove the plastic that connects mirror to the lining (cable cover)

• twist the entire mirror assembly anti-clockwise and it should snap off the windscreen (don't pull, it should come off on its own)

• disconnect the cable

• install the new mirror

• connect the cable

• place the mirror onto the windscreen mount, twist it clockwise until it clicks

• put back the plastic cable cover

• connect the OBD11 Pro

• update the long code to match the the previously noted code

Done!

• Like 1

I have found the number. it is exactly as same as yours and it is engraved in the bottom of the unit. Let me find one 2nd hand. I will try to follow the process..by the way, if I take it out now and put it back (who knows it may solve the problem, as unit was brand new when replaced back in july 2017) do I still need coding ?

is it the code you were talking about?

HBA Code.JPG 

Edited by automass

:D

While this may work for office computers, it will likely not work for your HBA. If it says it is dead, it is quite dead.

However, you will not need to re-code it if you unplug it and plug it back again. HBA has a memory chip that remembers settings even when unplugged - otherwise it would forget the settings each time you turn off the car.

Interesting fact: Coding is specific to a particular make and model (e.g. 2017 Octavia with bi-xenons will have different coding from 2017 Octavia with halogen headlights). If you by some magic find a mirror from the same specification car as yours, you may not even need to code it.

9 minutes ago, milan_ns said:

Correct... note down the "Long coding" code. New part will likely have different code, that you'd need to modify to match the one you just posted.

Skoda gave me a price for the unit is £528.20 which is Insane. ebay happens to not have it..i found this website where my part number matches to them

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-parts-stock/information/part-number/5g0857511dsma/part/rear-view-mirror/partid/7962716/

Do you think it would be good idea to buy this part myself and give it a go. 

22 hours ago, milan_ns said:

:D

While this may work for office computers, it will likely not work for your HBA. If it says it is dead, it is quite dead.

I have tried little bit to take the rear view mirror off, but couldn't dare to force anything as i am travelling this afternoon.  where should i start from? from the big round sensor or from that slim cover which we can see as we looking at the mirror?

My setup looks very similar to the one on the video and I can remove and re-install my mirror by following the video instructions.

If yours is different, then am afraid I can't help.

Your car is 2ltr with 150bhp and also estate..mine is 1.6ltr hatchback 2013..thats why may be mine is different than yours..but still i have managed tl take it off..sensor is still attached to the windscreen though..so if i change the mirror only would it solve the problem you think or the attached sensor has to come off?

IMG_20190211_091736.jpg

IMG_20190211_091718.jpg