vRS 312mm Brakes , Std Lines. Possible to remove pads????

Hi,

I've just replaced my standard brakes with the 312mm brake setup from the Audi TT. I used the standard brake line as was suggested, but I have a problem.

When trying to fit the calliper on with the brake line fitted there wasn't enough slack to do so. Now this leaves me with a problem, is it possible to change the pads without having to take the brake line off the calliper as I couldn;t work out how.

Anyone that's done it, could you please post suggestions on how it should be done, I know it's a tight squeeze but I'm hoping I don't have to take the line off and re-bleed when I need to change the pads.

Having fitted a few sets of these I wouldn't be overly comforatble with using the standard lines. I know Ross ran them for some time but he now agrees that the TT hoses are better if available. Cost of these parts is negligable so if I were you I would invest.

I have the TT lines allready they came with the disks pads, but I don't have any idea how to replace them. Is there any chance you could perahps do a quick tutorial on how to do it?

And what is wrong with the standard ones exactly, other than the size?

I have covered it all ready several times Sctopper.

The TT lines are 180' out of alignment, fit it to the car first and then gently introduce a twist so that the line sits 'comfortably' on the car and then connect to the caliper.

Nothing is wrong with the standard hoses except they are too short for fitting with the 312mm setup.

There's nothing dodgy about it, it's a standard brake connection. You need the correct size spanner for the top union, undo that and the hose will come off. When refitting the new one locate the 'key' in the bracket and screw the union back in taking care not to cross thread it.

Simple.

Even with the std lines fitted which are a touch tight (but still work fine) its still possible to remove the caliper without disconnecting the line in the same way you would normally. With the two sliders removed the caliper slides off.

That's a shame.

So now i need a brisky person near south scotland to fit the Cruise' date=' Parking & Brakes.

Where's BIG K anyway, he been around recently? PM'd him for Cruise.

Don't trust myself to fit the brakes.[/quote']

Where are you exactly...... Bruv and I are quite adapt at this sort of thing (done brakes on a loads of cars; pads, disks, braided hoses, bleeding, etc etc etc).

Bruv runs a Motorbike mechanics business but statred out with VW Golf GTis / Audis, so he know his way round anything VAG!

Might be able to help out if you're not too far away

That's a shame.

So now i need a brisky person near south scotland to fit the Cruise' date=' Parking & Brakes.

Where's BIG K anyway, he been around recently? PM'd him for Cruise.

Don't trust myself to fit the brakes.[/quote']

i'm in fife

brakes are easy peasy try it yourself just take your time