How to protect back of front VRS seats?

10 minutes ago, Sliceman said:

Any ideas as to best way to protect back of front seats on new Vrs from kids dirty shoes please. Kit i have seen so far requires adjustable head rest? Thanks guys n gals :)

Clip round the ear and a stern talking to .......:biggrin:

If you don't want a full seat cover I would just put a normal seat protector (goes under child seat) over/ in the map pocket.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, flybynite said:

Clip round the ear and a stern talking to .......:biggrin:

If you don't want a full seat cover I would just put a normal seat protector (goes under child seat) over/ in the map pocket.

That's one way to do it, lose the kids courtesy of social services and HM long stay hotels! 

If mine kicks the seat I take his shoes off and make a big deal that he lost his "shoe privileges." His grandparents and his mum do the same so he knows it's a naughty thing to do - I wouldn't allow him to rub his shoes over the sofa and my car cost more than that :)

That said, I saw someone create a makeshift tablet holder by tying something over the shoulders of the seat (might have been a tie). If you want function over form you might be able to use something similar to hold a seat cover in place.

• Like 1

Just a silly thought but as a DIY solution you could get a cooks apron in a suitable colour. Use the neck strap over the headrest and tie the waist strap around the seat with the knot to one side so as not to  be uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Isn't back of all vRS seats from fake leather? On mine full leather seats, fake leather back is so easy to clean with wet magic cloth. 

I understand the issue, mine are clean until children enter the car, then it's done. Luckily very easy to clean.

1 hour ago, Munfred said:

I’ve got these kick mats for around £10 fitted in our car which are similar to the ones in the above link if you don’t need the back seat protector.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Venture-Premium-Car-Seat-Protector-Kick-Mats-Black-Pack-of-2/392203889116?epid=21022781664&hash=item5b512c69dc:g:Ow0AAOSwvNVcKMyO

Statto and Munfred, do they actually fit on Vrs front seats ok then? They would do tbh. I cannot even recall what material the back of front seats is on new Vrs? Still waiting for it to be delivered. If it was fake leather, that would be easier to clean admittedly !! 

40 minutes ago, Sliceman said:

Statto and Munfred, do they actually fit on Vrs front seats ok then? They would do tbh. I cannot even recall what material the back of front seats is on new Vrs? Still waiting for it to be delivered. If it was fake leather, that would be easier to clean admittedly !! 

Hi Sliceman, I’m not 100% sure tbh because of the vrs’ one piece design. I forgot to mention that “our car” in my first post isn’t a vrs but is a Golf with the more common back rest plus headrest design. As to whether they’ll fit the vrs, much will depend on how far the adjustable strap will stretch round the vrs’ seat, but even if it did, I’d be concerned about the impressions they’d leave on the seat’s fabric themselves.

You might be better off relying on a combination of exploiting the seat’s wipe clean nature and a bit of education for the kids!

But the ejector seat button is in the front seats so they get blasted out of the car at a million miles per hour should they press their feet against them? 

It's fake leather on the back of the alcantara seats so mud etc isn't really a problem. The above still applies however... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Swirly182 said:

But the ejector seat button is in the front seats so they get blasted out of the car at a million miles per hour should they press their feet against them? 

It's fake leather on the back of the alcantara seats so mud etc isn't really a problem. The above still applies however... 

I believe ether is usually quite good at keeping them quiet... :giggle:

• Haha 1