Knocking Sound From Front Of Car

Hi Lads

Have any of you found or heard a knocking/loose sound coming from the front of your superb while going over speed bumps?? I have checked it out and found nothing loose. It doesn't happen all the time 

I think a visit to the dealer is next.

I've heard a knock a few times from NSF suspension that only appears when going over speed bumps in my 2018 superb. Havent had chance to look yet but car will be due its service shortly so will get them to look over it whilst in. 

Have read various stories of the suspension transport wedges being left in from new which can cause various creaks/knocks whilst driving. 

On 05/01/2019 at 18:09, barts2 said:

Hi Lads

Have any of you found or heard a knocking/loose sound coming from the front of your superb while going over speed bumps?? I have checked it out and found nothing loose. It doesn't happen all the time 

I think a visit to the dealer is next.

Check front shock absorbers. Had the same problem after 2 years drive. Dealer had changed both front shock absorbers!!! Anyway, this is, you know, Skoda and if you own Skoda, then you are the slave of the car... At least this is my case, all the time problems...

3 hours ago, Deerjohn said:

Anyway, this is, you know, Skoda and if you own Skoda, then you are the slave of the car... At least this is my case, all the time problems...

...whereas with the other brands, when their cars break (actually other brands' cars don't break, only some Skodas do :D) you are the master and you order them to fix themselves. Geez, what are we reading here...

Edited by newbie69

24 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

...whereas with the other brands, when their cars break (actually other brands' cars don't break, only some Skodas do :D) you are the master and you order them to fix themselves. Geez, what are we reading here...

Don't play so smart guy! I bought this Skoda s-h-i-t in November 2015. Since then I visited services 38 times!!! Do you know any other car brand when situation would be like this?!  Previously I owned 3 different brand cars and never (NEVER) I had such a situation. Now, I am "enjoying" another defect - squeaky brake pedal. "Wonderful" car, isn't it?

37 minutes ago, Deerjohn said:

Don't play so smart guy! I bought this Skoda s-h-i-t in November 2015. Since then I visited services 38 times!!! Do you know any other car brand when situation would be like this?!  Previously I owned 3 different brand cars and never (NEVER) I had such a situation. Now, I am "enjoying" another defect - squeaky brake pedal. "Wonderful" car, isn't it?

Not playing smart, it's common sense and statistics. You are taking your own exceptional case and trying to present it as the reality of the hundreds of thousands Skoda owners with trouble free ownerships, some of them over several years and with various models, you realize how dumb that sounds?

38 times? This shows a lack of communication (from both sides) and most probably a useless dealer too. Why would that be a concern to anyone?

Also, I can provide as many "This XXXX (insert random car brand here) is so crap I am NEVER buying another one again" cases you like, it's the internet so it's really easy.

If it's such a **** why have you kept it for so long? Just sell up and buy something else instead of having to put up with all that misery or using a random question on a random thread as an excuse to start ranting about your issues.

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Not playing smart, it's common sense and statistics. You are taking your own exceptional case and trying to present it as the reality of the hundreds of thousands Skoda owners with trouble free ownerships, some of them over several years and with various models, you realize how dumb that sounds?

38 times? This shows a lack of communication (from both sides) and most probably a useless dealer too. Why would that be a concern to anyone?

Also, I can provide as many "This XXXX (insert random car brand here) is so crap I am NEVER buying another one again" cases you like, it's the internet so it's really easy.

If it's such a **** why have you kept it for so long? Just sell up and buy something else instead of having to put up with all that misery or using a random question on a random thread as an excuse to start ranting about your issues.

"If it's such a **** why have you kept it for so long? Just sell up and buy something else instead of having to put up with all that misery or using a random question on a random thread as an excuse to start ranting about your issues."

Because I bought this car for 35thous.EUR and even after 1 year use the value of the car was down to 20%. Now I can sell it only for ~18thousd.EUR. Feel the difference?

"Just sell up and buy something else instead of having to put up with all that misery or using a random question on a random thread as an excuse to start ranting about your issues."

If you are so smart, please give the advise in the topic 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

...and most probably you are Skoda agent. Now it is clear why you are defending so much this "brilliant object on wheels called Skoda". In Czech "Škoda" - in English "Damage". This proves everything!!!

@Deerjohn  Sorry I won't/shouldn't reply in detail to all that non-sense you just posted. And that's really putting it as polite as I can.

In particular: I won't reply to someone who spams someones else's thread by posting back to back 3-4 messages that no-one asked for, about his own, non-related issue as a sorry attempt to get attention. Even worse, when he's already got his own thread for that...  Even more worse, when the only argument he could come back with was that I must be a Skoda agent. I am very familiar with exactly that sort of "LOOK AT ME - I CAN'T WAIT - DEAL WITH MY PROBLEM" followed by "YOU DON'T HELP ME?? YOU'RE THE ENEMY!" mentality  and personally I take great pleasure at ignoring it.

Also, I can't analyze what I said any further if you are struggling with the simplest of math: "I have a problem - other 10 people don't have the same problem = all the cars must have the same problem :drunk: "

I just realized though, If you "discuss" with your dealer with the same attitude you seek help in forums it's no surprise it's taken 38 visits so far, I'm sure you'll make it to one hundred soon :thumbup:

End of off-topic from my side, maybe someone else can keep the amusement going.

PS. The best part is that you can't sell a car you bought new "because it lost 20% during the first year". Welcome to car economy (and no, it's not a Skoda exclusivity sorry if someone told you otherwise). Your everyday life must be full of economical surprises! What's next? Banks lending money for a profit through interest rates? Anyone ever did "monthly payment" x "no. of payments" and found it to be higher than the borrowed amount? That can't be true?? :D

Edited by newbie69
  • Haha 1

I'm kinda sick of this car too. I've had so many issues that i can't count anymore. I also seem to have coolant leak (very very small, but its there...), not sure how I will solve that with the dealer. I posted my knocking in suspension on youtube (see other topic that was linked). I have billion rattles too. Fixed lots my self. Dealer didn't fix suspension rattles, I switched 3 dealers in 1 year too. I don't think I will ever buy Skoda again. Most people I know drive Audi's and none of them have any issues like I have. So probably going for used Audi/Mercedes/BMW/etc... next time.

P.S.: Not to mention the way dealers respond to my issues. Every time I report a rattle/issue I feel like they're having me for an idiot. Once I even got told that wind noise in car like Superb is normal because Škoda's have bad door seals. Later on I discovered my self that all doors were very badly aligned. So the seals didn't even seal properly obviously that caused a lot of wind noise. After fixing that MY SELF now its quiet. I also added extra sound proofing all over the car and it does feel more premium now. But sadly I bought car to drive it not to visit dealer on weekly basics. I stopped visiting dealer last few months because I'm tired of it. I just drive the noisy car I never wanted (I wanted Superb don't get me wrong, but my impression at test drive was much much better than when I got my car from factory). Selling it is sadly really really bad option because I can't afford another car in this price range at the moment.

Edited by JackySi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, newbie69 said:

@Deerjohn  Sorry I won't/shouldn't reply in detail to all that non-sense you just posted. And that's really putting it as polite as I can.

In particular: I won't reply to someone who spams someones else's thread by posting back to back 3-4 messages that no-one asked for, about his own, non-related issue as a sorry attempt to get attention. Even worse, when he's already got his own thread for that...  Even more worse, when the only argument he could come back with was that I must be a Skoda agent. I am very familiar with exactly that sort of "LOOK AT ME - I CAN'T WAIT - DEAL WITH MY PROBLEM" followed by "YOU DON'T HELP ME?? YOU'RE THE ENEMY!" mentality  and personally I take great pleasure at ignoring it.

Also, I can't analyze what I said any further if you are struggling with the simplest of math: "I have a problem - other 10 people don't have the same problem = all the cars must have the same problem :drunk: "

I just realized though, If you "discuss" with your dealer with the same attitude you seek help in forums it's no surprise it's taken 38 visits so far, I'm sure you'll make it to one hundred soon :thumbup:

End of off-topic from my side, maybe someone else can keep the amusement going.

PS. The best part is that you can't sell a car you bought new "because it lost 20% during the first year". Welcome to car economy (and no, it's not a Skoda exclusivity sorry if someone told you otherwise). Your everyday life must be full of economical surprises! What's next? Banks lending money for a profit through interest rates? Anyone ever did "monthly payment" x "no. of payments" and found it to be higher than the borrowed amount? That can't be true?? :D

Lucky man you are with your Superb!:cool: Congratulations! Enjoy you super, uber, truper Škoda Superb! But never say never...:notme: Škoda cars are full with "interesting surprises"...:notme::party: Also your's! Just wait a moment:biggrin:

And don't point me what and where to write and what not! My opinion is that the work of Škoda factory on Superb (not exterior, but all parts "under the hood") is absolutely unacceptable if this car is positioned as premium car. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JackySi said:

I'm kinda sick of this car too. I've had so many issues that i can't count anymore. I also seem to have coolant leak (very very small, but its there...), not sure how I will solve that with the dealer. I posted my knocking in suspension on youtube (see other topic that was linked). I have billion rattles too. Fixed lots my self. Dealer didn't fix suspension rattles, I switched 3 dealers in 1 year too. I don't think I will ever buy Skoda again. Most people I know drive Audi's and none of them have any issues like I have. So probably going for used Audi/Mercedes/BMW/etc... next time.

P.S.: Not to mention the way dealers respond to my issues. Every time I report a rattle/issue I feel like they're having me for an idiot. Once I even got told that wind noise in car like Superb is normal because Škoda's have bad door seals. Later on I discovered my self that all doors were very badly aligned. So the seals didn't even seal properly obviously that caused a lot of wind noise. After fixing that MY SELF now its quiet. I also added extra sound proofing all over the car and it does feel more premium now. But sadly I bought car to drive it not to visit dealer on weekly basics. I stopped visiting dealer last few months because I'm tired of it. I just drive the noisy car I never wanted (I wanted Superb don't get me wrong, but my impression at test drive was much much better than when I got my car from factory). Selling it is sadly really really bad option because I can't afford another car in this price range at the moment.

I agree with all issues what you mentioned. I am also tired of being the slave of this Škoda "miracle"! Soon I will switch to my old, previously already twice tested car brand - BMW to be finally free of "serving" my CURRENT so called "a car" attending, attending and attending dealers' services...

Edited by Deerjohn

On 06/01/2019 at 22:23, Rowls said:

I've heard a knock a few times from NSF suspension that only appears when going over speed bumps in my 2018 superb. Havent had chance to look yet but car will be due its service shortly so will get them to look over it whilst in. 

Have read various stories of the suspension transport wedges being left in from new which can cause various creaks/knocks whilst driving. 

The transportation blocks were left in my first superb - caused knocking noises  and severely restricted suspension travel.

On 08/01/2019 at 17:25, Deerjohn said:

Soon I will switch to my old, previously already twice tested car brand - BMW to be finally free

Good luck with that one. You can easily find plenty of evidence that 'German reliability' is not what it used to be. I do hope you dont get a Friday car when you change and I am not doubting  that you have been most upset by your Skoda experience but you risk a similar experience elsewhere.

I have been watching this forum since it started and have to say that the general number of people with serious problems with their S3 is remarkably small when compared to many other car forums. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sagalout said:

Good luck with that one. You can easily find plenty of evidence that 'German reliability' is not what it used to be. I do hope you dont get a Friday car when you change and I am not doubting  that you have been most upset by your Skoda experience but you risk a similar experience elsewhere.

I have been watching this forum since it started and have to say that the general number of people with serious problems with their S3 is remarkably small when compared to many other car forums. 

Exactly. Similar story with premium brands, and sometimes for far more critical issues. For the most part nowadays, the extra cost gets you nicer plastics and better feeling materials, latest tech and gadgets and cool design but "exceptional build quality" just because you bought a 3/5-series, a C/E-Class or an A4/A6 is not a given any more, a quick tour in the relevant forums of latest models quickly reveals this. That was probably true 30 years ago but things have moved on a lot since that time.

I shouldn't stir but...

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/help-needed-front-suspension-creaking-noise.378901/

Just type creaking/knocking suspension + VW/AUDI/SEAT into Google and you'll find loads of people discussing similar issues.

It's just modern cars and the complexity of the new suspension systems. Our Volvo XC70 was just the same.

iperry