2019 F1 General Discussion Topic

camelspyyder

Vettel and Hamilton surprised at Red Bull's straight line speed in Brazil. Perhaps RB have found a way around the fueling rules. 🤔

3 hours ago, moley said:

Vettel and Hamilton surprised at Red Bull's straight line speed in Brazil. Perhaps RB have found a way around the fueling rules. 🤔

Strangely the Honda ( or the Red Bull) is always quick at the 3 high altitude tracks Austria, Mexico, Sao Paolo. Equally strangely Ferrari have barely any straight line advantage any more 😄

• Like 1

At the start Vettel almost forced Lewis to leave the track (as most recent races Vettel does to concurrents), I'm very happy this time the Ferrari team hit themselves.

Superb race from Albon, except the corner where he left to much room (or a little to less) for Lewis. Respect for Lewis apologizing to Albon, even before the podium (and you still can question of this crash was more the fault of Albon or Lewis).

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Seems overtaking in F1 is rewarded with a special 5 second award for those who suffer from this condition. Next year the FIA will give a bonus point for a clean pass.:dance:

I wonder what penalty the stewards will give Vettel?

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

How about a voucher for 6 lessons with RED Driving School.:thinking:

How about giving Vettel one of these.

Image result for ferrari bumper car

• Haha 1

Latest from the BBC

There are reports that as many as six drivers are under investigation for using DRS under yellow flags.

Carlos Sainz, bumped up from fourth to third, is one of them.

This is a crazy finish after a crazy race. If Sainz is penalised, next in line is Raikkonen.

1 minute ago, moley said:

Latest from the BBC

There are reports that as many as six drivers are under investigation for using DRS under yellow flags.

Carlos Sainz, bumped up from fourth to third, is one of them.

This is a crazy finish after a crazy race. If Sainz is penalised, next in line is Raikkonen.

Hopefully by the time I watch the race on Tuesday the music will have stopped and the prizes have been awarded.:tongueout:

The stewards are taking no further action on the Ferrari drivers.

FIA decision on FERRARI: Both drivers had the opportunity avoid or mitigate the incident and therefore that neither driver is predominantly at fault. Therefore the Stewards take no further action

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moley said:

The stewards are taking no further action on the Ferrari drivers.

As expected, because this is about Ferrari (International Assistence).

Lewis has got firmly punished, (more than necessary in my opinion), I feel sorry for the guy who get the third place in the end, but missed the podium ceremony, like Albon missed his first F-1 podium.

Verstappen should send LeClerc a big thankyou card for holding up Hamilton after Mercedes brilliant undercut. Mind you I expect RedBull would have returned the undercut at the second stops anyway. Shame for Albon, but he'll have more podium chances for sure.

Vettel and Leclerc summoned to Ferrari headquarters. I suggest that they get a copy of the Beano down the back of their trousers before they go into the headmasters office. 

11 minutes ago, moley said:

Vettel and Leclerc summoned to Ferrari headquarters. I suggest that they get a copy of the Beano down the back of their trousers before they go into the headmasters office. 

Hopefully Max will finish 3rd in the Driver's table above the Red Team and Seb gets a special P45 framed with his latest crash alongside it to remind him how to not overtake your team mate.:sweat: