2015 superb tailgate rust

Well done for fighting the good fight and winning. And thanks for putting the result on the record here - it may well inspire someone else to kick back against similar behavior.

Ive checked my car after reading your original post and mine is OK (for now!). If I have a problem in the future, there will be no mercy from my side.  

• Like 3

Fantastic outcome, good on you for putting in the hard yards.

I'm at the 'pending decision' stage now. The tailgate has been inspected and it's a bit of a mess to be honest... rust in multiple areas. I'm willing to put up a fight on it.

The inspecting dealer mentioned the whole 'service history and inspection' thing multiple times 'or skoda will reject' so am expecting a fight here.

I'm still waiting on a decision from Skoda for my car.

Glad you got a good outcome. Gives me hope that I might get the same.

I certainly won't be letting them off the hook.

My service book has all the stamps in it, including the bodywork inspections, so I'm hoping they won't try to wriggle out of it.

With regards to getting the closed back LED lights as replacement. Is this something you asked for, or did they do it as a matter of course?

• Like 1

Hi Bagpuss ,

Keep pushing them! As for the number plate lights , they put the newer led ones in without my request,  apparently this is the modification  that helps solve the rust problem. 

They had to code them to the car because they threw up the bulb warning error on the dash 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2019 at 18:35, Shaunieboy said:

20190130_163357.jpg

I found the same information in the booklet supplied with my car. When the rust gets bad enough I will take it to the dealer and request the repair / replacement.

The booklet mentions nothing about Inspections or Full Service History, so if they start the game they seem to have been playing with other peoples, I will go straight to getting a solicitor's letter.

The new conditions they seem to be adding are complete B.S as this is not in the original terms...

Thanks to those who have shared the experience and forewarned everyone

Edited by Cotswold
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been turned down due to no evidence of bodywork inspections. 

I haven't got the capacity to deal with this until next week but suffice it to say I'm disappointed.

Any input from successful cases would be appreciated in the meantime.

Cheers

52 minutes ago, Shaunieboy said:

I've just been turned down due to no evidence of bodywork inspections. 

Is this "no evidence" position because they (Skoda dealer network) did servicing and didn't note that they had inspected?  Or is it because your car was serviced elsewhere at some point and they are trying to cut you loose because of that?

• Like 2

It had the first 3 services by skoda and the last few by indies.

"Your Paint Approval Request has been refused. Reviewing the service history no vehicle body inspections have been completed on this vehicle."

My advice is to keep fighting. There is nothing that says that a main dealer has to do a body Inspection, and even if there was , who's to say that they would pick it up and report it .

Advertising a 12 year warranty and then not honouring it in my opinion is miss-selling, dishonest and a bloody disgrace.  I for one will never buy another out of principle .

I have btw been told by someone at a dealership that since the "emmisions scandal", Skoda will try anything so as to not pay out on a warranty claim so as to offset some of the huge costs they are facing...again due to their own dishonesty!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skodavid said:

My advice is to keep fighting. There is nothing that says that a main dealer has to do a body Inspection, and even if there was , who's to say that they would pick it up and report it .

Advertising a 12 year warranty and then not honouring it in my opinion is miss-selling, dishonest and a bloody disgrace.  I for one will never buy another out of principle .

I have btw been told by someone at a dealership that since the "emmisions scandal", Skoda will try anything so as to not pay out on a warranty claim so as to offset some of the huge costs they are facing...again due to their own dishonesty!!

Agree with all of that. I've already been on webuyanycar and auto trader. We have a total of 4 skodas in the family, 3 of them on my recommendation.  If I don't win this one, never again. I'll be getting a Volvo V60 D5. 

Scumbags.

On 09/03/2019 at 14:53, Shaunieboy said:

"Your Paint Approval Request has been refused. Reviewing the service history no vehicle body inspections have been completed on this vehicle."

Your response to this needs to be...

"Show me in either my owners manual or service book where it stipulates the requirement for vehicle body inspections".

• Like 2

The lady at customer services even read out to me the paragraph 're requirements for the warranty to be valid , I asked her where it said that body inspections were required...she couldn't give me an answer, just saying that the decision was made by warranty, who she didn't have access to.

Total *******s 

• Like 1

Just go straight to court. They will sort you out a few days before the court date. If you have the warranty covered then press on.

• Like 1

So many threads on this forum with the same story from Skoda UK.

The thing is.

Skoda did away with the Service books.

At each service page, next page was the Body Inspection page.  It showed a car & you marked the location of damage, repairs etc.

Some said just done at the Major / 2 year service. So bi-annually.

Back then they called them, Minor / Inspection Service and Major Service.  Some techs did them everytime a vehicle was in.

Servicing or not, or warranty work, just to cover themselves really and as Customer / After sales Service.  

All the gear and a proper idea, and they knew Skoda / VW provided a Warranty and produced some rusty crap.

So anyway, Skoda Main Dealer Services have a Body & Glass Inspection or should, and the report goes on the System or should.

So Skoda UK knows cars with Full Main Dealer Service Histories were Serviced and where, and even by whom.

If Skoda know it is not Valid for Paint & Corrosion Warranty they know why.  Their Approved Repairers / Main Dealerships failed to do the Inspections.

The Inspections not mentioned in the Warranty T&C's.

Skoda UK are on a hiding to nothing.

Tell the CEO Rod McLeod or his Senior / Executive Managers or Cheri Cornish Senior Executive Team Resolution Manager.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

See the Skoda Offical Website, not that much changed from past ones.  Same info nearly.

Skoda UK Customer Services should read it.

* Vehicle Inspection test and report.                    (that is an inspection of the body work, for damage, repairs, corrosion / rust.....)

Screenshot 2019-03-10 at 16.03.25.png

Screenshot 2019-03-10 at 16.03.57.png

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They are trained. 

The bosses have a mission.  Decline at every opportunity,  take no responsibility for anything, anytime, anyplace by anyone.

'Simply Clever' simple deny it was never a Design, Manufacturing, Material / Component or workman / workwomanship failing.

'Then when we might need to offer a gesture of a percentage of the costs, and then if all fails grudgingly comply with the terms of the Warranty we make out to be fandabydozzy.'

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've emailed back with all of the collated suggested points on here. Can I just thank everyone for the input. I'll give them a week to respond then send another.

Please keep any tips coming if you think they will help for the next stage...

• Like 2

On 20/02/2019 at 17:38, Skodavid said:

Hi Bagpuss ,

Keep pushing them! As for the number plate lights , they put the newer led ones in without my request,  apparently this is the modification  that helps solve the rust problem. 

They had to code them to the car because they threw up the bulb warning error on the dash 

Thanks David. Just had a message from my local dealer to say that Skoda have approved a repair, but not the replacement of the tailgate. 

I'm going to raise the issue with customer services, and ask that the tailgate be replaced, as others have had on the forum. 

With regards to the new lights, the local dealer reckons the issue is due to the frame of the light being made of anodised aluminium. Sounds like they're talking about galvanic corrosion, which I can see as a possible cause.

Will keep the forum posted on my progress.  

Spoke to customer services with regards to repair versus replacement and they were of no help whatsoever. 

Customer services say that they cannot speak with the warranty team in any way. They say that only the dealer can do this, and that the warranty team will follow whatever recommendation the dealer puts forward to address the issue. 

I've therefore asked the dealer to indicate that only tailgate replacement is a suitable option in order to ensure that the repair returns the vehicle to factory standard paintwork quality. 

Will see what they say. 

Personally, I find it hard to believe that two teams inside Skoda can't talk to each other to resolve a customer issue. It all seems a bit iffy to me. 

• Like 1

They will have an extension number for Cheri Cornish in the Executive team seeing as she is a Resolution Manager.

EDIT,  She has a new job...

Moved on, they will have replaced with another with selective memory., sight and hearing.

One must wonder what bunker they operate the call handlers out of.

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg

Edited by Skoffski

To "Bagpuss" - 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

two teams inside Skoda can't talk to each other to resolve a customer issue.

Thay can not talk to each other exactly to not resolve a customer issue ;)

Edited by tuningmania
  • Like 1

Had another call from customer services this morning. Same old story. We can't talk to the warranty people, so we'd like to close the case. 

On a brighter note, my local dealer have pushed back on the warranty folks, and requested that the tailgate be replaced. 

It's really not a good way to run a business, where customer services are deliberately prevented from actually delivering customer service. 

• Like 1

So just to update the thread; Skoda responded today after Mondays email by asking me to call customer services, so I did.

The conversation and their responses are comically similar to what others have posted on here... 'cant contact the warranty team' (which I REALLY kicked off about, to which they could not give me an answer). Blatant lies really irritate me.

'You may have to manage your expectations, but we'll see what we can do'.

Again, I kicked off about that comment. Manage my expectations, are you joking? Do as your warranty states.. there shouldn't need to be any 'expectations'. Its in black and white. Just do it.

Again, couldn't give me a straight reply.

I ended by stating that if they could show me where it started the requirement for inspections that I would leave it, but until then to basically expect me to not let this go.

Robots. Scripts. B@@@@cks.

I think they got the picture and I'm expecting a call back by Tuesday as he's going to speak to the dealer who inspected my car (not sure why?).

I guess the wheels are in motion anyway..

• Like 2

Don't give up. They're playing their game. It's all an effort to wear you down. Unfortunately most of the time it works, hence their persistence.

Be sure to give them a kick in the b*****ks from me.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1