Citigo Leather Multifunction Steering Wheel + Ivory

Banjomike

I'm in the process of replacing my 41 month old Citigo Monte Carlo with an SE-L. When running through the Configurator I changed the interior trim to Ivory and it tells me to choose a " Leather steering wheel" with no mention of the multifunction feature. The Citigo brochure clearly shows an Ivory dashboard with a NON-multifuction steering wheel (page 17). My salesman (and several others at the dealership)  cannot say if the Ivory trim still includes the multifuction steering wheel. Does anyone here have a Citigo SE-L with Ivory trim AND the multifuction steering wheel?

Hi 

My wife bought a new 75 hp 5dr SE L at the end of last month. It has ivory trim and the steering wheel has buttons on it (hence designated multifunction?) on the LHS (see photo below). The car was from dealer stock, still with its protective white film in place when we first saw it but I'm not sure when it was actually made. HTH

IMG_0503.thumb.jpeg.de42f1433316f8c16646beb10e51417a.jpeg

Note that you'll have to make your own arrangements for illuminating the door mounted switches as Skoda don't deign to provide back lighting here:

IMG_0504.thumb.jpeg.0a8f87e262f257c1a8b49af83183a0a8.jpeg

We are both really pleased with this car, here you see it ahead of my 280:

IMG_0505.thumb.jpeg.af5566f0350c7cc6b1205d3d4ed3e580.jpeg

Edited by Howardd

Thanks for this. I feel that Skoda are a bit confusing as far as the multifunction steering wheel goes. They describe it as standard on the SE-L but then have images of an SE-L which clearly do not have it. There is one on the Skoda website:

https://www.skoda.co.uk/new-cars/citigo/citigo-5-door-se-l

55 minutes ago, Banjomike said:

Thanks for this. I feel that Skoda are a bit confusing as far as the multifunction steering wheel goes. They describe it as standard on the SE-L but then have images of an SE-L which clearly do not have it. There is one on the Skoda website:

But it lists the leather multifunction steering wheel in the standard spec. 

1 hour ago, peter3197 said:

But it lists the leather multifunction steering wheel in the standard spec. 

It does, but if you choose Ivory trim the configurator program forces you to change to a "Leather steering wheel" with no mention of the multifunction feature and shows an Ivory dashboard with a NON-multifuction steering wheel. Changing the interior trim presumably results in a NON-standard spec. I'm confused and so are several sales bods at my local Skoda dealer. I want Ivory and I want a multifunction steering wheel (and I want a DAB radio) but they cannot tell me if I can have all of them at the same time. I'm back there in a couple of days and hopefully more info will be available. I wonder if the servicing department might know...

Skoda are notorious for this. It might be worth getting in touch with Skoda UK direct to see if they can offer any assurance, though I have doubts that even they'll know the answer. Everything PR-related for Skoda is done on minimum budget, so things like images in brochures will be generic for the entire EU and as a result you could well be looking at pictures of a non-UK spec car. The (very) small print often states as much.

As for the Ivory trim option, when last I looked, it's a no-cost option so is a trim 'variant' rather than a true 'optional extra' (as in 'upgrade'). I'd think it very unlikely that they would delete an option like a MFSW just because ivory is specified. As the MFSW is listed as standard equipment for SE L spec, I'd say you'd have a very strong case for rejecting the car, should it turn up without one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I both mine SE-L Citigo in 2017 in ivory and I have MFSW as standard!

I have checked my configuration which I saved and it’s also mentioned just “leather steering wheel” in extras and nothing about MFSW.

You can see all standard equipments on website,so don’t worry it will be there!

0783AC0D-3D85-4161-B94C-CF3A3976B38F.jpeg

• Like 1

Actually You will find that interesting, during my recent visit at my local Skoda dealership I have surprised them by saying that certain models/years were actually equiped with MFSW. It was a such a surprsie to the sales team, that they've run from one showroom citigo to another one to see if they had one fitted. None of the late 2018 models they had currently in stock had them despite of being of a different trim levels (from basic to highest)...

So by choosing a leather steering wheel, it is not guaranteed that You will get it with MFSW... weird.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: about time...

Shortly after making the original post I ordered an SE-L with Ivory trim and DAB radio hoping that the MF wheel was included, all else was standard. Delivery was to be end-of-April. Two days later I changed my mind (panicked, I suppose) and went for the bog standard version. In March my sales bod tells me that the first one I ordered (ivory/DAB) would be arriving in a few days and invited me to see it and maybe change my mind about keeping it. He still could not say if the MF steering wheel was included. According to the configurator it still wasn't included. I jumped at the chance, and turned up to see the car covered in blue foam and plastic sheets WITH the MF wheel in an Ivory trim. I spent a while playing with the radio & app etc. So I decided to keep it.

Cons: no mats (sales bod suggested I keep the ones out of my Monte Carlo. Perfect fit and colour match.

No blanking plate for phone holder. He found one for me. Yay.

The Stop/Start & demister button are still in the LHD position and are out of line-of-sight and easy for me to forget when I've used them.

Success: the configurator now includes an image & description of the Ivory interior with MF wheel.

Thanks to forum members for their help and piccies.

Edited by Banjomike
spelling