Duxford Activity Poll

fen_l&k

What do you want to do at Duxford?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you want to do at Duxford?

• Meet up and 'hang out' with fellow Briskodians
    • Visit the museum
    • Go for a drive
    • Go to the pub

Well I voted for the first option!

However I certainly wouldnt turn down the opportunity for a little drive, as the National was SO much fun for me and of course it would be good to go for a drink afterwards too (non-alcoholic of course :)) and have a good chat, talk Skoda etc, etc.

The unfortunate thing about Cambridgeshire is that it is riddled with 'safety' cameras, and I don't know it well enough to plot a route for you, gents. Anyone else care to step up to the plate?

I voted the first 2 although the pub would be fine to. A drive round that neck of the woods is very difficult, as has been pointed out already you cant drive to far in any direction before finding a camera (a point to note for those attending). There aren't that many country roads around there, they are all major roads ala Axx and the M11.

The drive is of least importance to me, mainly due to the fact I'll have driven 240 miles by the time I even arrive... :( - But I'll do whatever

I ticked all the other 3 options, mainly because that's what I would have "expected" to do anyway, especially the pub as I've not yet been on a meet that hasn't ended up in one or two! :D :dtp:

PS: Jon? Are you going? - Do you have a car to go in? - oh, wait - You have the TDI Octy don't you? Well, I'll be kind of passing your way (I think) on the Sunday morning, so if you want a lift give me a shout. Or are you hoping we'll all mod that hire car so that the hire company is impressed and charges less? I'm sure everyone can bring spares & gimmicks ot fit it? :D

I'm with the first two, as i know how bad the roads are in Essex/Cambridgeshire for the police and their poxy speed cameras. I'm just up for a good day out.

I'm with the first two, as i know how bad the roads are in Essex/Cambridgeshire for the police and their poxy speed cameras. I'm just up for a good day out.
Most of my route will be A12/A14, which are mostly devoid of cameras until you get into Cambridgeshire :)

I voted for the first two options as well, btw :D

I Know the lovely A12 well but mainly in the Essex section so you know more then me, but i'd like to warn everyone the the Essex filth regularly patrol the M11 around the M25 - Stansted area and lovely roadworks at the start of the M11 as you come on from the North Circular Road and between the A10 and the M11 on the M25, both have speed cameras and make traffic a pain in the rectum

:evil: :kodomagna

Well, my route will involve my first journey along the A303 in Somerset where I got collared before. And, as it will be a) very early, and B) still dark, when I go thtough, I cannot be held culpible for my actions if I spot any temporary camera along. [goes out to pack axe/sledge hammer/angle grinder/chainsaw into the car]

As for Londonium and surrounding area, I'll be concentrating on my mpg, so no need to worry about police (only if they spot me extending my middle finger in their general direction!) :D

Most of my route will be A12/A14' date=' which are mostly devoid of cameras until you get into Cambridgeshire :)

:D[/quote']

I take it we will be driving away from the A1 link part of the A14 with it's smile, you on candid speed camera

All this talk of bloody cameras is making me paranoid! - I think as soon as I come off the bloody M3, I'm going to stick at 70mph all the way to bloomin' Duxford! (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course [yawn])

Your sincerely

Jason "I'm gonna have six points by Xmas"

One and two, please. A fast trip up the M11/A14 from Duxford to Huntingdon and back will see you licenceless once the camera images have been downloaded!
The A14 near Huntingdon does have a couple of cameras dotted around, doesn't it? :D

A14 through Suffolk was still devoid of cameras last time I used it...

All this talk of bloody cameras is making me paranoid! - I think as soon as I come off the bloody M3' date=' I'm going to stick at 70mph all the way to bloomin' Duxford! (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course [yawn'])

Your sincerely

Jason "I'm gonna have six points by Xmas"

You'll have more than six, the speed limit is 40 for somw of the m25 unless you go through the dartford tunnel, but if you manage that on any of the m25 you'll be lucky. It's not Londons car park for nothing

Well, I'm not envisaging any snarl-ups in traffic that morning at least. I'd hope to come off the M3 at about 8am at the latest. I'd hope most sane people would still be tucked up in bed at that hour (well, I'm insane!) and the M25 should be relatively clear. Now I've said that I bet I've jinxed my journey! :D

From experience, the worst part is when you go past heathrow airport, where the traffic is so bad you don't move. on a sunday though it should not be too bad. i'm just looking forward to putting voices and faces to avatars