Have you bought or would you buy a used TESLA?

Ootohere

As per title,

& has anyone here any experience or knowledge of Used, pre-loved or previously abused TESLA.

Any Experience of Dealerships, Traders or Private sellers, like the asking prices and need to pay to buy prices of a Used Tesla?

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 2

Rich Rebuilds on Youtube didn't have a particular good time buying a Tesla CPO.

I would not think twice about buying a used Tesla, but only after an extensive test drive to allow me to fully cycle the battery so I can find out how much degradation it's got. But it's got to be a CPO with a few years of warranty. Because there's nowhere else you can get the car fixed, any work by Tesla is also really expensive.

• Like 1

Tesla have apparently finished   "CPO"   in the states so that would be my first question in the UK,  If the term   "used"    is used I would ask the difference,  if CPO then the car should be in A1 condition and have the remainder of all warranties 4 year and 8  but they are more expensive and fixed price, (other than a trade in)  than a dealer, and more risk   serious? p.s. up to 2017               (I think) all secondhand have lifetime free supercharging,  but check

I've got a test drive booked for Tuesday afternoon in a Model S. Looking forward to it. The problem for me is the tech is moving so fast. The latest versions have more cameras, better tech etc. My plan was to get an older one but now seeing all the new stuff it's making me want to wait. 

Not due for a change for quite some time but figured it would be a good experience! 

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:20, Chris said:

I've got a test drive booked for Tuesday afternoon in a Model S. Looking forward to it. The problem for me is the tech is moving so fast. The latest versions have more cameras, better tech etc. My plan was to get an older one but now seeing all the new stuff it's making me want to wait. 

Not due for a change for quite some time but figured it would be a good experience! 

I'd get the cars with AP2 camera system. It can then be upgraded (at a price) by simply swapping the computer behind the glovebox.

Everything else had been pretty much the same throughout Model S years.

(I have been keeping an keen eye on Model S history, in case I were in a position to buy second hand)

I've had a look previously, they seem expensive but then they are a £100k car in some cases. 5yr warranty on most of them seems good but the one dealership is a long way from me.

Stories of poor build quality are a worry but then I've never been in one. My (non petrolhead) mate has been in one a few times and he thinks they are phenomenal.

Test drive it with your eyes open. I suspect most of the drive train will outlast a normal ICE car, there just aren't that many moving parts. What I think is the worry about Teslas (any any car with a lot of connected tech) is whether the software will remain supported and if the gizmos will keep working. i.e. The Touchscreen, the phone app, the cameras and sensors etc. I'm not sure I trust the electronics to last. More complexity = more points of failure

• Like 2

A Roadside recovery in our case being to Edinburgh anytime is a PITA too far for me.

Then getting home and back when needed.

I am going to stick with a EV or Hybrid within a mile of home i have decided. Getting too lazy to mess about no matter how nice a ride....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Listening today on the TV or Radio there are plenty presenters or 'Retail / Consumer' experts or so called experts that must not have actually read the Which article but looked at Newspaper articles and the headlines, or if they actually looked at Tesla's to purchase or just had a nosy looked at the lowest priced Tesla's as they seem to be defending Tesla by speaking about the Early vehicles and how they have improved now & are not talking about the latest of products and failing still.

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 07.16.47.png

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 07.15.26.png

Edited by e-Roottoot

• 5 months later...

Affordability notwithstanding, and in spite of my thinking it's still a little early to invest in an EV, I'd have one - but not that stealth bomber look abomination.