Enabling Ingress/Egress

I didn't find any topic for the MK3 yet.

However this modification already existed on MK2 :

36 Driver seat > Adaptation - 10 >

Chose "Easy Enter" in the Drop dwn menu".

Then replace "0 - Function not active" by "1 - Function is active"

Then test, save and exit.

;)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, crossmania337 said:

Why is this thing not working on my MY18?

Weird. It worked on my MY19 as per the instructions, I don't even think screenshots are needed it's that simple. What are you using? VCDS or OBDEleven?

I am using VCDS and it is updated to the last version. However, I have tried it a couple times, even left it activated since I applied it last time and it is simply not working. My Superb is L&K and it has electric seats with memory settings. The other reason may be that my seat is adjusted more to the back, but still I am no that tall to reach some kind of a "limit". So far I have managed to code HBA, TSR and other extras successfully, except for this one...

I did this along with the virtual cockpit Speedo "odd numbers" mod with my new OBDeleven dongle yesterday, I thought maybe I'd missed something off though as no option to turn it on and off appeared in the cars menu system, the seat moves back and forth but no option to activate or deactivate via the menu

28 minutes ago, crossmania337 said:

I am using VCDS and it is updated to the last version. However, I have tried it a couple times, even left it activated since I applied it last time and it is simply not working. My Superb is L&K and it has electric seats with memory settings. The other reason may be that my seat is adjusted more to the back, but still I am no that tall to reach some kind of a "limit". So far I have managed to code HBA, TSR and other extras successfully, except for this one...

Which interface are you using? 

Is is it a genuine one?

16 minutes ago, SteHaworth said:

I did this along with the virtual cockpit Speedo "odd numbers" mod with my new OBDeleven dongle yesterday, I thought maybe I'd missed something off though as no option to turn it on and off appeared in the cars menu system, the seat moves back and forth but no option to activate or deactivate via the menu

Same here, took like 15 sec in total via the OBDEleven interface. Enter module 36, tap Long Coding, and there you have it: Byte 3, just change the Easy_Entry_Front bit from "not active" to "active".

Initially I think it didn't do anything when I opened my door. But after one extra close and re-open, the seat did move back, nothing crazy just like 3-4cm maybe and is working fine ever since: Turn off and open door: Seat moves back and stays there. After getting in and only after turning ignition on it moves forward again. I don't think a menu setting is enabled with this, it just does it thing every time.

It is a HEX-USB+CAN interface, updated to 18.9.1, I have been using it for like 4 or 5 years without a single problem. Is there anyone else who had problem activating this particular feature?

8 minutes ago, crossmania337 said:

It is a HEX-USB+CAN interface, updated to 18.9.1, I have been using it for like 4 or 5 years without a single problem. Is there anyone else who had problem activating this particular feature?

Maybe the same issue as that VCDS owner here?  Just a guess, although I don't know if you would have been able to access it at all in that case.

Skip to 2:03 of the video:

Edited by newbie69

Normally you cannot access it at all if it’s not going to work. 

Did you you lock the car and wait until the clocks had powered down before unlocking it? 

How much should I wait for the clocks to “power down”? I tried to recode it again and a screen that said “long coding information is not available” or smth like that appeared which I remember had appeared the first time I tried to code it. Anyways, I ticked Byte 3, bit 1 and the car accepted the coding. I waited for half an hour for the clocks to “power down” but when I got back to the car, the seat didn’t move at all. Tried couple of times to lock/unlock and start the engine, but the issue remains. Should I wait more? Thanks in advance.

They completely power down in less than a minute. 

Is there a tick box in the infotainment? (Can’t remember off hand and I do not have it activated on my car)

There is no Easy Entry setting on the infotainment, it just works within the first time you exit/enter ( that was on a 2019 made MY19 via OBDEleven), If it hasn't so far I guess it hasn't accepted it correctly.

Edited by newbie69