Superb L&k

Adam26

Hi, I’m looking at a superb  l&k 2012 62. 

I have a few thing I need to ask you all ..

what the done interior like? Brown?

When cambelt due its done 80k

and would you buy one again?

Any pictures of the interior ??

I have had mine from new, nearly 7 years and was very doubtful over the brown interior but it is fine. Your cambelt should have been done on time alone as you have not done enough mileage.

Yes I would have another one. 

For pictures just look at Auto Trader for it or goggle 2012 L&K Superbs for sale all of them will have had brown interior.

What engine is it?

Sorry about my spelling does anybody have any pictures of the interior of a Superb L&k or would they not get one for the the interior? 

Is is there any issues with the hatch/saloon? 

Mine is now 5 years old as of January 20th. Booked in for a service and was advised to have cambelt replaced. £440!! I have done 25K.

I need to think about that. :angry: 

Best car I have had. Bought it new and it has been well looked after. One problem in five years so yes I would buy another. Had the previous model prior to this one.

Not sure if can give access to my attachments as I have posted pictures.

Attachments added below

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Raptor

16 hours ago, Adam26 said:

Sorry about my spelling does anybody have any pictures of the interior of a Superb L&k or would they not get one for the the interior? 

Is is there any issues with the hatch/saloon? 

i love my brown interior and exterior but i  am colour blind
Skoda4x4_zpsswxbjcym.jpg

VehicleImage_zpssrvqumak.jpg

Edited by DEL80Y

21 hours ago, Raptor said:

Mine is now 5 years old as of January 20th. Booked in for a service and was advised to have cambelt replaced. £440!! I have done 25K.

I need to think about that. :angry: 

Seems reasonable to me.

I managed to get mine done at a Skoda main dealer for £340, as they agreed to price match a local independent...

Thanks silver. It also needs a service and MOT so full charge is £704. I did contact them yesterday and the dealership ) central booking office ) said would try to match. Will give them another call I think!

Dealership has agreed to pirce match. :biggrin:. A saving of £189.

Edited by Raptor
Additional information
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget the water pump as well, it is not that much more and as they have full access for the cambelt anyway. As Silver notes, I also negotiated and paid £389 for the cambelt and water pump plus another £100 for the service which included the pollen and air filters. I supplied the oil though.

• Thanks 1

At a guess, I'd say silver1011 did the belt, water pump and tensioners..?

The dealer price here (skoda.ie) includes those at €450 - "ŠKODA advise as a guide having your timing belt replaced within 5 years of driving. As part of the pricing we include Timing tension pullies, a new water pump and coolant ". 

• Like 1

Yes, tensioners and waterpump too.

This is why shopping around for the cheapest price can be risky. Some garages have been known to just replace the belt, but not the tensioners.

Whilst the cost price between the full cambelt kit, and just the cambelt isn't massive, I'm guessing there is some time / labour to be saved by not fitting the full kit which includes the tensioners.

Appreciate all the advice. I would like to think that the main dealership will address the issues you have raised. Otherwise no point in going with them once the car is our of warranty. However, having had the car maintained by a Skoda dealership has paid off when I have asked Skoda UK for support.A few  months ago, the heating fan failed and Skoda UK agreed the at 25K milage it should not have done so. Between the dealership and the Skoda UK, the goodwill gesture resulted in a very big discount.

I think we would all agree it is matter of luck  as to whether a car will produce problems or not. I think after 5 years to have a simple issue like the fan is not bad going.

Edited by Raptor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

I would do the aux belt at the same time, it's pretty cheap and needs to come off as part of the cambelt change so there is no additional labour :)

Good point as I had forgotten that I had them done as well.

Mine is a 2014, and I love it. The brown is great, in my opinion. It's very dark paint, looks almost black but not quite as boring. And the interior brown is very nice too.

Mine has been good so far in the year I've had it. The water pump did fail last year right after I bought it which I blame VAG for. Not an uncommon problem, them failing early. But generally excellent car so far.