Options you wish you had or not

Focusy

Hi All

as there is many who have taken delivery of their karoq,  and specked them to their own liking,  I wanted to see what you have specced and whether they been worth it or not and if you wish you could of specced something that you now feel is missing

in essence option’s that worth it or not

also anyone who got Dynamic chassis control and was it worth it?

thank all in advance

Best options:  heated steering wheel and windscreen, tailgate foot control and Canton

Option I wish I had taken:  The self parking - not because I would use it (I had it on a Q3 and only used it to show it worked!) but because you get additional sensors which give more help when parking. (Coming from a Qashqai with 360 degree visual display I do miss this!)

Option I wish I could have had:  Choice to change wheel size to 17" with all season tyres (I have now done this and the ride is so much better and quieter and no need to change tyres in Essex)

• Like 1

SEL as standard here, but I wish I could have specced the Adaptive Cruise Control as it is a quite nice feature in my other car , the Golf R. 

Also the DCC as well , although so far it seems to ride quite nice on the 18" 

Might have considered the 4x4 version , but it wasn't available at the time I placed the order, again prolly not needed down south. 

• Like 1

Adaptive LED with Light&Rain Assist, front&rear parking sensors, rear camera, family pack, crew protect&extra airbags, varioflex, ACC, folding mirrors, colour matrix and RearTrafficAlert/BlindSpotDetect, electric boot.

Only thing I would not spec is the rear camera since I find that mirrors and sensors would do a better job. Other options were judged and deemed not useful for my needs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marchincus said:

Coming from a Qashqai with 360 degree visual display I do miss this!

Having also come from a Qashqai, I must agree, that 360 display is excellent! Wish Skoda did it.

Edited by Breezy

I wish I had waited and ordered a tow bar, would of saved a lot of emails pestering work colleagues  and phone calls , would probably been towing the wobble box around sooner 

I have the Edition. Extras I ordered at purchase were park assist. Assistance pack 1. Spare wheel. And family pack. The Edition has heated front seats, I just wish that I had specified rear heated seats for rear passengers. First time for leather for me. The seats are bloody cold in winter!

• Like 1

My car is an SE-L 4x4. Extras are heated windscreen and ACC. The only thing I would have liked on top is the electric tailgate, but felt it was too expensive. I had also specified the beige Alcantara interior but this was withdrawn by Skoda before my order was accepted, so obviously would have wanted that.

• Like 1

I didnt order anything, walked into the dealership, drove their three week old 1.5tsi SEL DSG, loved it and bought it.

These last two days have made me think that the heated windscreen would have been quite nice but nothing else.

• Like 1

Heated windscreen was an option I added and glad I have. The other great addition was the traffic assist. Excellent in stop start crawling traffic and makes it a breeze in heavy traffic...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gabi4 said:

I have the Vario Flex seats, but I never pulled them out. In fact, I would have liked more to have the standard ones because they make a more flat cargo space. 

I mostly agree with that. So far I have taken all 3 seats out just once, when I needed as much volume in the car as possible. And next week, I will leave one seat in the back, taking everything else out. It is useful to have, on the odd occasion. As it was included on the SE L spec its fine.

Loving the heated seats, and the extras im glad I got - heated windscreen and heated steering wheel. Apart from a steel spare wheel, the SE L had everything else I wanted, and was likely to use! 

• Like 1

We walked into the local dealer on 10th January 2018 and wanted a SEL manual (mistake obviously) with the 1.5Tsi engine. They checked and a Moon White Metallic had already been built and was on it's way to the UK so we agreed to buy it for £23,500 and managed to collect it just 16days later, being the first Karoq owners in Leicestershire along a few free goodies as a thank you. That was one year ago today and if I could have picked the spec perhaps the onlt thing I would have ticked would have been the heated windscreen. Thought the wife would miss the Pano roof she had her previous car a top-of-the-range Rapid SE Sport. But in the summer we take my Octy which has an electric sunroof.B)