Any thought please?

A few months ago I had my Cam belt and water pump replaced [ 5 years old and 110,000 mile 2.0 170 BHP Diesel].

Shortly afterwards when driving after sometime [motorway at 70] the water temperature gauge dropped form its normal 90 to nearer 50 and remained there for sometime. When I checked the oil temperature it also had fallen to 60+. The next day the car would not warm up at all even, after 50 miles the gauge barely moved above 60+.

I took the car back to the main dealer, who after a few days said there was nothing wrong and the car warmed up as normal. This was the case for a few days after which the problem returned, after driving 140+ miles suddenly the temperature dropped and remained between 50 and 60. Back to the Garage where they decided the thermostat was faulty and replaced it [at my cost]. Picked the car back up and after another long drive the problem returned and the gauge fell to about 60 and stayed there. The following day it took almost 100 miles of motorway driving [70] to reach temperature.

The garage have no idea what is wrong, can anyone offer any possible causes and solutions?

Skoda30119.jpg

To "jafo" - I know this, Mate. Thanks. This is my style of writing in Forums for almost 25 Years. I uphold it, like my trade mark. Sorry if I annoy you, it is not on purpose. Cheers from Bulgaria :)

20 minutes ago, jafo said:

Instead "to tuningmania" you should write @tuningmania - this will tag recipient properly. 

I dont even understand what that means, but as I see so many people writing @ where I would put "to' perhaps you could explain to me the meaning of tag.

I did notice while writing @ that a box appears underneath with suggestions, for me writing "to tuningmania" is more polite than @tuningmania

• Like 1

And having unwittingly now tagged him the cursor will not come out of the green highlighted box to allow me to continue writing so what the hell is it for if it stops me writing.

I wanted to continue to say that maybe I am too old school as I find "to" more polite than @ and dislike being called mate or Bud on the forum by someone that I have never interacted with before, and that goes for all the teenagers at the counter in Screwfix, I take issue with them but dont say anything on this forum, out of respect and also because I expect I am a minority.

And as for starting a posting with "So" ............................... :sadsmile:

I will go and lie down now!

• Like 1

I very much hope that the dealer is changing the DSG thermostat for free, given that they incorrectly diagnosed and charged you for an unnecessary repair of the properly functioning thermostat?

19 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I wanted to continue to say that maybe I am too old school as I find "to" more polite than @

The @ is just a handy way to alert someone to a post or thread.

If you use @J.R. then the person mentioned should get a notification depending on their settings.

If you use 'to J.R.' then no such notification will happen :)

Edited by langers2k
  • Like 1

@langers2k got it!!!!

And I managed to escape the green box this time as well! Not sure what happened last time.

Every day is new learning for me on this forum.