AUTOLIGHTS factory vs aftermarket

P3P5I

a question for Citigo owners as in a subject line:

AUTOLIGHTS function Stock vs Afermarket.

Please share Your findings.

Im asking as I have retrofited them to my Citigo. Mainly, I decided for this mod because of Coming Home/Leaving Home feature. I just find it cool. As You may expect, I bought one from AliExpress. Didnt cost a fortune, so if they wont work properly - I wont cry over spilled milk. First of all, fitting. It is plug&play altough the way chinese unit fit is a bit questionable i.e. bit loose or not 100% round. Luckily for me, I have received one with green backlighting - oh well, it is a fairly different shade of green :wondering: After Enabling relevant feature under VCDS - configuring aftermarket unit is a bit of a fiddle by turning knob back and forth. To be honest, apart of reseting the unit i did  NOT manage to set anything as desired. My goal was, to have dipped beam used for CH/LH possibbly together with fog lights not to mention about the duration for how long the lights remain on...

Maybe Im doing something wrong and Im not following the chinese-english instruction properly?

How CH/LH feature work on the factory fitted citigo's? Anyone?

Edited by P3P5I

11 hours ago, P3P5I said:

a question for Citigo owners as in a subject line:

AUTOLIGHTS function Stock vs Afermarket.

Please share Your findings.

Im asking as I have retrofited them to my Citigo. Mainly, I decided for this mod because of Coming Home/Leaving Home feature. I just find it cool. As You may expect, I bought one from AliExpress. Didnt cost a fortune, so if they wont work properly - I wont cry over spilled milk. First of all, fitting. It is plug&play altough the way chinese unit fit is a bit questionable i.e. bit loose or not 100% round. Luckily for me, I have received one with green backlighting - oh well, it is a fairly different shade of green :wondering: After Enabling relevant feature under VCDS - configuring aftermarket unit is a bit of a fiddle by turning knob back and forth. To be honest, apart of reseting the unit i did  NOT manage to set anything as desired. My goal was, to have dipped beam used for CH/LH possibbly together with fog lights not to mention about the duration for how long the lights remain on...

Maybe Im doing something wrong and Im not following the chinese-english instruction properly?

How CH/LH feature work on the factory fitted citigo's? Anyone?

I’ve factory fitted auto lights on my Citigo and what I do is leave it on auto all the time. This means CH/LH works every time. 

When i unlock the car and it senses light levels are low it’ll put the headlights on for approximately 15-30secs 

if you want it to do it when LH you have to leave the left stalk push back (as though your leaving high beams on) for it to work.  

3 hours ago, Jonny118118 said:

When i unlock the car and it senses light levels are low it’ll put the headlights on for approximately 15-30secs

well, in my case, aftermarket switch will only turn the sidelights on. even if its pitch black out there... Ive tried to adjust switch settings as described in supplied user guide - no luck :wondering: however, the light sensor works fine after the engine is being started - dipped beams being switched on.

if you want it to do it when LH you have to leave the left stalk push back (as though your leaving high beams on) for it to work.

for vehicles w/o autolights but with foglights fitted, by enabling CH/LH function via VCDS it was possible to have foglights working as CH when fullbeam stalk was pulled towards the driver (as you would flash the full beam). it worked on my Citigo.