Tarraco

I did not like the body design from the front. Inside, it's more modern than Kodiaq, but the design of the dashboard seemed disharmonious to me. I like more Kodiaq, but it's just my opinion. I ordered Kodiaq.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meleagros said:

I did not like the body design from the front. Inside, it's more modern than Kodiaq, but the design of the dashboard seemed disharmonious to me. I like more Kodiaq, but it's just my opinion. I ordered Kodiaq.

OK so apart from the cosmetic dislikes, how is it mechanically, hos is it to drive? Is it nice and quiet? Loud?

I like the way it looks i can see that on pictures, I Need the FEELING you get when driving? 

17 minutes ago, Meleagros said:

I did not like the car, so I didn't want a test drive, so I can not say anything about it. But I'm not saying it's a bad or ugly car, I just liked Kodiaq much more.

ok sorry , you said you tried the car so I thought you had driven it. No worries!

3 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

I like the way it looks i can see that on pictures, I Need the FEELING you get when driving? 

Might just be me... but I'm not particularly bothered what other people think when buying a car. It's far more important that I make my own mind up based on my own experience and test-driving different options.

After all, each to their own and different tastes to the next person and all that...

22 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Might just be me... but I'm not particularly bothered what other people think when buying a car. It's far more important that I make my own mind up based on my own experience and test-driving different options.

After all, each to their own and different tastes to the next person and all that...

True!!! But I always like to hear different viewpoints potentially highlighting something I'd not seen, considered or taken into account due to the excitement of the test drive of a completely unknown car.

3 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

True!!! But I always like to hear different viewpoints potentially highlighting something I'd not seen, considered or taken into account due to the excitement of the test drive of a completely unknown car.

X2, the more you know the better. 

On 08/02/2019 at 14:59, PoloGaz said:

So In conclusion?

kodiaq load length is 5cm longer. This gives the extra volume in the boot with all 7 seats up 270 vs 230

Despite this, boot volume is slightly lower than the terraco when the rear seats are folded down, probably because height between the load cover and boot floor is less on the kodiaq

Tarraco load length is 105cm , I have measured it this weekend

50 minutes ago, TonyTonic said:

Tarraco load length is 105cm , I have measured it this weekend

Did you measure in the same place the autogefuel guy did? He didn’t measure from the centre but about 3/8 in from the side. He did both cars in the same position and the kodiaq was 105 vs the terraco at 100

15 minutes ago, PoloGaz said:

Did you measure in the same place the autogefuel guy did? He didn’t measure from the centre but about 3/8 in from the side. He did both cars in the same position and the kodiaq was 105 vs the terraco at 100

DOnt remember. Middle i think. But its straight? Not curved?

if there really is a difference its tiny and doesn’t matter. 

The car on first impression is smaller than I imagined, because the bonnet is quite flat. The Kodiaq looks chunkier and higher at the front but this actually true as the suspension is 2cm lower on Tarraco

Edited by TonyTonic

How are you getting the 200mm lower figure, is that by the official 'Clearance Figures'? 

Best check the 'Clearance' with the different Tyre / Wheel sizes, often the heights and clearances are nonsense when you park vehicles side by side and measure to the roof line.

Not to roof rails.

Edited by Skoffski

24 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

How are you getting the 200mm lower figure, is that by the official 'Clearance Figures'? 

Best check the 'Clearance' with the different Tyre / Wheel sizes, often the heights and clearances are nonsense when you park vehicles side by side and measure to the roof line.

Not to rood rails.

20mm not 200.

Don't know , some official figure somewhere. The differences are so small you don't notice this anyway. 1-2 cm here or there is not going to make a difference.

The car I would say is probably closer to the Tiguan AllSpace than the Kodiaq.

What I liked though was the steering is quite direct, not race car but a lot directer than the Kodiaq IIRC. It's one turn for full lock so you dont have turn a lot at all to go into a corner.

The ACC is the one up to 210kmh I believe, haven't obviously tried but it goes to that. The traffic assist and jam control works really well and if you don't brake yoursef it will continue forward after quite a long stop too.

THe car is not as soft as the Kodiaq , probably more like the tiguan. and it doesn't feel like it rolls in corners at all. The digital dash and infotainment screen are very clear and sharp, everything looks well made just like in the KOdiaq.

The rear seats slide and recline and can be split is 40/20/40. It has three zone climate control as standard, and a USB and 12v socket for the rear passengers.

Head space with panoroof and the seat all the way up is probably best avoided if your taller than 6 foot 5. I am 6 foot 1 and had 4 fingers left before touching the roof.

Tables behing the front seats are standard as are full LED inside and out and dynamic turn signals.

Lane assist is standard as well but ACC comes only from xcellence up

Edited by TonyTonic
  • Like 1

Surprisingly Thomas never mentions it in his reviews on Autogefuhl.

Never takes it into account when mentioning the height of the rear for ease of ease.

He bothers more about getting cases , bikes etc in. 

7 seater rear is a waste of space when you are not wanting the 7 seats and just luggage or recreational equipment space.

Nice surface for other activity mentioned.

Edited by Skoffski

Eventually When I pick it up what should I check at handover:

1. Transport blocks removed

2. Fold, recline and slide all seats

3. Check sdcard, navigation, infotainment

4.check for swirl marks, scratches, dents

5. Fuel and Adblue levels

6. Check engine oil levels

anything else?

thanks

Coolant level, any tools, umbrellas and torches (if Seat do those), owners manual, any tools and spare wheel requirement or the puncture kit if no spare, check that the underbody protection panels/bumper spoilers haven't been banged off, all electrics (i.e. windows, tailgates, interior lights etc) work, fluid for the windscreen washer filled, correct tyre pressures, wheel bolt covers are on.

And always check that the delivered car has the spec that you ordered and all the correct options installed. **** happens, I've read about it here!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRobinK said:

, any tools and spare wheel requirement or the puncture kit if no spare, 

^^^This, easily missed.

Spare wheel, (or puncture kit), and tools i.e. jack, wheel nut cover tweezers, locking nut key*, brace.

*maybe check it actually fits

• Like 1