Tarraco

12 minutes ago, Markymate said:

Tarraco's boot space is 700lt with rear seats down, and 1775lts with all seats down.  Kodiaq's is 720lts and 2005lts respectively.  Kodiaq boot space with all seats up is 270lts, unfortunately couldn't find any figures for the Tarracco

Not quite, let's compare 7 seaters only as the Tarraco only comes in 7 seat config in the uK

Tarraco all 7 seats up 230l

KOdiaq all 7 seats up 270L (steeper back window)

Tarraco 5 seats up 700L

Kodiaq 5 seats up 630L

Tarraco all seats down 1775 (plus it come included with folding passenger front seat as standard)

Kodaiq all seats down 2005L

(Tarraco is lower than KOdiaq but longer)

I've researched this a lot trust me!

So FOR US using mostly 5 seat config we get the bigger boot. 

ALl depends what you need!

I am interested in rear legroom comparison on the 7 seater models with them pushed all the way back? anyone know?

Edited by TonyTonic

2 minutes ago, Markymate said:

No according to Skoda spec sheet.

Capture.PNG

number of seats = 5 

look the line below!

The Tarraco is 760L in 5 spec but this is not coming to the UK so I can't compare

So yes believe it or not, SKoda has been beaten in space! I couldn't believe it myself

Edited by TonyTonic

2 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

The 720 and 2,065 figures are for the 5 seater not the 7 seater. 

I'm aware of those figures, that's why I state 2005 lts in my earlier post as we were talking about the 7 seat Tarraco

12 minutes ago, Markymate said:

I know its for the 5 seat, but all the reviews, either written or video that mention boot capacity state 720 litres for the seven seater with the 3rd row folded.

They are wrong!

You just showed us SKoda's spec sheet. who to beleive Skoda or some journalist? You thisnk they measure the boot space, they just look at spec sheets for 10 second and tell us bull!

As it's the same car, both of them , I would thinkthat the seats are either thinner or installed lower somehow that's why the 70 liters difference. It's not actually that much difference in useable space

Edited by TonyTonic

2 minutes ago, Markymate said:

Thank you for pointing out my error. Must do better on my research.  But the boot is still bigger with all seats up, and with all seats down.  It's just the bit in the middle!!

No worries that’s why we are here to share info!

correct so it depends on use case. For us 99% 5 seat mode boot is great!

once every 5 years to Ikea should be enough when all seats folded

On 04/02/2019 at 22:49, Retrac said:

I also looked at the Terraco at first but was put off by the standard 20" rims and also the fact that it has the body profile of the VW Allspace ie; the smaller upswept 3rd (rear) window (but hopefully not the smaller boot of the Allspace with raised floor). In addition I need the larger petrol engine. 

It's got the same weird raised floor as the tiguan allspace

10 minutes ago, PoloGaz said:

So what is Terraco in config #4? If it is less than Kodiaq in config #3, surely it is also less in config #4?

Config 4 - Tarraco has 700L the KOdiaq 630L Also note, all the space is counted even the space below the raised floor.

IN config 3 the Kodiaq has more space because the rear window is steeper and it hasn't a raised floor. Tarraco's window is more angled so it fits less. 230 vs 270L

Edited by TonyTonic

3 minutes ago, PoloGaz said:

I wonder where the kodiaq loses the extra 70L from config #4 then? It must have a higher raised floor than the allspace?

good quesiton , looks like the only official numbers we have seen are the Kodiaq.

I haven't seen documented numbers like this for AllSpace or TArraco only claimed figures.

As far as I know the Tarraco and AllSPace are longer than Kodiaq and maybe the load cover is higher hence the extra space. Remember that just because the floor is not raise din the Kodiaq that doesnt mean it's load lip is not higher to compensate.

If someone can find the same documents like for the KOdiaq that would be great

Good point on the load cover. The upswept window would give the option of higher position for it.

Been looking at pics of the load space between the models, The load lip of the tailgate aperture is definitely higher on the kodiaq, so thay it's level with the raised boot floor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoloGaz said:

Good point on the load cover. The upswept window would give the option of higher position for it.

Been looking at pics of the load space between the models, The load lip of the tailgate aperture is definitely higher on the kodiaq, so thay it's level with the raised boot floor.

there you go, tht explains it then. If you search ausfahrt,tv or autogefuehl on YOutube they usually measure the height if the load lip, they have done reviews for all the three siblings so shoul dgive you an idea.

I am at work now so can't do it..