VRS 245 LED Headlight Adjust

Afternoon, due to pick up my RHD 245VRS in next 3/4 weeks (fingers crossed). Does anyone know if the LED Headlight bean on current model can be adjusted for driving on other side of the road? I will be working in Germany and hoping not to have to replace the headlights with LHD unit as used to be the case with older cars. I have heard in the VW with similar light system that the beam can be adjusted through the infotainment system.

Any help much appreciated.

Easy one the built in Sat Nav knows when you have crossed over to Europe and automatically redirects the adaptive LED headlights to take into account driving on the right (or wrong side). Probably the smartest thing on the FL model IMHO. Enjoy having to do absolutely nothing when crossing the channel, your car will do it for you, for once SIMPLY CLEVER.:clap:

29 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Easy one the built in Sat Nav knows when you have crossed over to Europe and automatically redirects the adaptive LED headlights to take into account driving on the right (or wrong side). Probably the smartest thing on the FL model IMHO. Enjoy having to do absolutely nothing when crossing the channel, your car will do it for you, for once SIMPLY CLEVER.:clap:

From looking I remember seeing a menu option to tell it to switch the side of the road you are driving on too.

7 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Why would you go to the trouble when it happens automatically? Don't you trust it?:tongueout:

GPS can't get a lock lol there should always be a way of doing it manually LOL Technology always works doesn't it ;)

3 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

GPS can't get a lock lol there should always be a way of doing it manually LOL Technology always works doesn't it ;)

Does for me because as Skoffski states "I AM A DRIVING GOD" so the technology must work or I will send fire and wrath to punish it (or just re-boot the computer).:cool:

• Haha 1

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

What about vertical adjustment? 

Really would like mine a little higher

That seems to be non user adjustable.. I'm guessing its VCDS adjustable? Or the dealers must have some ability to adjust it during servicing/headlight replacement

3 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Think he meant you had a "God like" complex

Look Tony I sent you some SNOW after previous comments now hold on tight because my favourite storm (they call him ERIC) is heading your way and speeds of 84mph have already been recorded in Wales.:inlove:

• Haha 1

Be very very careful about adjusting the beam. I really want mine higher so asked one of the tech's at an Audi dealership I go to. He stuck it on the beam checker and said it was absolutely top adjustment. any higher and I would get people flashing me. Adjustment is made with VAS, NOT manually............the lights will just adjust themselves back down because they are linked to the auto-levelling so manual messing wont work...... 

• Like 1

Only base setting is done with VAS....as in if a headlamp was replaced. When you start the car they calibrate around the base setting.   Small adjustments can be made to base setting manually for mot purposes. We had a whole fleet of ambulance Octavias come through the workshop all had low headlights. Nudged them up a tad, all good no faults generated and retain the setting when restarting.