Superb II DSG HHC??

I have recently purchased my first Skoda 2011 Superb II Elegance Auto DSG 170hp 2.0L. I am at a bit of a loss as to whether the Hill Start Assist is working. I have a manual hand brake but when I stop on a steep hill with my foot on the brake and let go (with no hand brake applied) the car appears to roll back. I have recently had a tow bar fitted as i intend to tow my caravan. It was fitted by a professional towbar company and it is removable with a genuine Skoda wiring kit, thus they coded it in. I have read that it my be deactivated but I cannot see why as it is one owner and always serviced every year at a Skoda agent. Current Mileage 100,000... Is there supposed to be a warning light come on if the HHC is functioning?

I have read that all Superbs of my spec should have it enabled...

I have a Snap-on Solus Ultra but I need to know the code and value to check if it is disabled...

I could use some help here please... 

Skoda charged £300 to tell the computer to turn it on.

People didn't understand that with what they perceive to be an auto gearbox the car would roll backwards so didn't pay for it,

DSG without  hill hold is terrible and you can in most cases get it activated for free.

Follow langers advice above.

• Like 1

Thanks dmarolj! My knowledge of mechanics and VCDS is not very good. Sorry if this was covered in your post but I couldn’t see if mine could have either hhc and xds. This is the number on my pump.

any help appreciated 

52BB7119-DD75-4132-B0C8-D9FD52BB67CC.jpeg

Well here is a thing. I sounded rather sceptical as whether my HHC was working or not. That is because it was very hard to detect. So I took it up a pretty steep hill (12-15%) today and tried again. At first I applied the brake and released and it rolled back. Then the second time it crept forward and then I pressed the brake more firmly and it appeared to Hold for 2 secs and then roll back. 

SO I rang the company that fitted the towbar and asked if there was any chance their settings had deactivated the HHC. Their technician called back and said that it would not have deactivated it but he has had several people call over the years and it transpired that a firm press on the brake pedal is required to bring it on. So I tried again and Voila that was the problem, I wasn't pressing the brake hard enough. I have to say one thing I have noticed with this Skoda (having had Passats for many years) that the brake pedal is quite touchy as in as much a you have to press it very lightly and in a controlled way or it grabs. I don't know if this is common with Skodas. 

I am quite sure that hill hold will hold the car for more than two seconds, I will try to remember to check though.

I also find the brakes almost too good. so many threads on here about how to improve them just baffle me.

Trying to bring the car to a complete stop without a final jolt is a work of art.

14 hours ago, Jonnys19882 said:

Thanks dmarolj! My knowledge of mechanics and VCDS is not very good. Sorry if this was covered in your post but I couldn’t see if mine could have either hhc and xds. This is the number on my pump.

any help appreciated 

1K0 127 399 CL is a fuel filter housing not an ABS pump ;)

27 minutes ago, superbdreams said:

I am quite sure that hill hold will hold the car for more than two seconds, I will try to remember to check though.

HHC should only hold for about 2 seconds, any longer requires an electronic parking brake.

25 minutes ago, langers2k said:

1K0 127 399 CL is a fuel filter housing not an ABS pump ;)

HHC should only hold for about 2 seconds, any longer requires an electronic parking brake. 

I stand corrected .. thankyou