Underseat Storage Box Superb 3

Hi,

Had to gummy open the underseat storage box today as the lock broke. I am now looking for either a replacement door or a new box at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Skoda Superb 3

Edited by Bimboveloce

11 hours ago, Bimboveloce said:

Hi,

Had to gummy open the underseat storage box today as the lock broke. I am now looking for either a replacement door or a new box at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Skoda Superb 3

I had mine break 18 months ago. I put a couple of dvd's in it and they jammed it up. Apparently it's not designed to hold dvd's !!

17 hours ago, Bimboveloce said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Tony

Skoda Superb 3

Think I saw them on Superskoda, around €50 for a new one.

I’ll have to have a look! My old Elegance had two electric seats but my SE L executive specification has been downgraded to one...

• 1 year later...
On 16/02/2019 at 20:31, Bimboveloce said:

May just put a magnet door latch on as a cheaper option

Did you manage to fix the handle or fix it with a magnetic latch? My handle has broken and looking at how to fix it (one of the rods inside the handle has snapped so only 1 of the hooks disengages).

• 3 years later...

Hi

Hope no one minds me reviving this topic.

Did anyone resolve their broken handle lock mechanism on the underseat storage? Mine is broken with the shorter pin being broken and the longer pin doesn't seem to move the lock on the other side either. I can't find any spares and I've been in touch with Skoda-parts.com who have been really helpful, but they have exhausted all options and they cannot get the parts. Seems ridiculous to have to buy the whole storage unit for some handle pins and lock mechanism if that part has rounded, which I suspect to be the problem. I am wondering about a metal hexaganol bar pushed through the whole lot, has anybody else any ideas? 

20240321_203931.jpg

20240321_204111.jpg