Gearbox leak

Jamjam

Hi just joined the forum, my superb is at the Skoda dealers with oil pouring from the gearbox, hope it not the failed clutch pressure plate nightmare, how many others has this happened to?

im aware on other VAG forums there’s quite a few, mine is a 6 speed manual 2010 model with 89000 miles. Skoda haven’t looked at it yet until tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s not ruined the gearbox.

Was oil leaking your 1st sign of anything being wrong ?? 

Curious if anything happens to mine if you hear noise or clutch feeling funny to press

cheers and hope it’s nothing serious for you 

Also does anyone know if it’s possible to get an inspection camera in through anywhere  on the bell housing

When it happened to mine it was not an oil leak but a hell of a noise, so I was told. I did not hear it as it was park at the dealers for something else. It happened when they drove it into the work shop.

2 hours ago, Snapper1725 said:

Was oil leaking your 1st sign of anything being wrong ?? 

Curious if anything happens to mine if you hear noise or clutch feeling funny to press

cheers and hope it’s nothing serious for you 

Also does anyone know if it’s possible to get an inspection camera in through anywhere  on the bell housing

No noise, I noticed a bad oil smell, looked under the car, oil everywhere, clutch and gears still working fine, so I had it flat bedded to nearest Skoda dealer, cars under warranty so hopefully will be sorted but I should find out diagnostics tomorrow.

6 hours ago, xman said:

As its a 2010 model, it must be a third party or Skoda "extended" warranty. Problem areas being the exclusions that may invoked by the warranty people. Fingers crossed and good luck with the claim.

Yes I’m expecting it to be a nightmare

8 hours ago, jafo said:

@Danny 57

I hopy they've fixed it for free? 

Yes they did. There was a little bit of damage to the bell housing as one of the splines that broke touched the casing, which was the source of the noise. 

They showed me all the parts as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok just an update really,

all repaired and payed for by extended warranty, £3400, clutch, flywheel, and exchange gearbox, Skoda dealer was very good.

Thank god for warranty 

• Like 2