1.4 vs 1.5 engine

4 minutes ago, Suuntobob said:

I've got one 65 pate 1.4 with ACT

On an Octavia? Are you 100% sure?

Look on the top of the engine - if it's ACT there are two large solenoids (usually blue)

2-vw-golf-w-a-se-14-tsi-140-ps-act-kh-2.

• Like 2

The only Skoda with a 1.4tsi and ACT was the mk3 Superb. No Octavia had ACT until the 1.5tsi.

No idea about the Kodiaq but assume it does that because it is a pumped up, squashed nosed Superb derivative :) 

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

The only Skoda with a 1.4tsi and ACT was the mk3 Superb. No Octavia had ACT until the 1.5tsi.

No idea about the Kodiaq but assume it does that because it is a pumped up, squashed nosed Superb derivative :) 

Yeah got confused because my 2016 Superb Mk3 had the 1.4Tsi ACT 148bhp engine and very good too it was.:thumbup:

Kodiaq 1.4 tsi is ACT

The 1.4 tsi in the Octavia was the CZDA 150ps engine, identical to the CZEA engine but without the ACT.

For a year or so the 1.4tsi (without ACT) was sold alongside the newer  1.5tsi which has ACT.

I hired a 1.4 tsi Octavia estate last year, it didnt have ACT (I looked under the bonnet to check)

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

On an Octavia? Are you 100% sure?

Look on the top of the engine - if it's ACT there are two large solenoids (usually blue)

2-vw-golf-w-a-se-14-tsi-140-ps-act-kh-2.

Actually, as in the picture, there are 4 ACT solenoids , black colour on my car.

The 110kw/150bhp 1.4tsi Octavia is still sold here in Australia, there is no 1.5tsi option and I imagine that will continue until the new Octavia is released here in a year or two.

The 1.5tsi (with ACT) is only available on the Karoq FWD and DSG only, so really why would you bother? Sorry, personal bias showing there. 

Australia petrol does not yet comply with Euro sulphur content for 95octane fuel and above, the engines supplied here are neither required to and are unable to comply with the latest Euro emission requirements and so the 1.5tsi does not have a GPF fitted.

Edited by Gerrycan