Side lights

What age is your car?

Assuming you have a MK2 FL, the sidelights in the headlight clusters aren't wired in so don't work.

Instead, the LED DRL are dual purpose and should dim to an appropriate brightness when the sidelights are on.

15 hours ago, langers2k said:

What age is your car?

Assuming you have a MK2 FL, the sidelights in the headlight clusters aren't wired in so don't work.

Instead, the LED DRL are dual purpose and should dim to an appropriate brightness when the sidelights are on.

You've got me confused , I've a 2011 1.6 Octavia a mk 2 and I think its a f/lift model but the sidelights in the headlight cluster work and until I changed them there was only filament bulbs in the fog /drl lamps.

Am I wrong ?

6 minutes ago, erindad said:

You've got me confused , I've a 2011 1.6 Octavia a mk 2 and I think its a f/lift model but the sidelights in the headlight cluster work and until I changed them there was only filament bulbs in the fog /drl lamps.

Am I wrong ?

All MK2 FL use the same headlights which do have a sidelight bulb fitted but only non-vRS models actually use it which would include your 2011 1.6 TDi.

As the OP has a vRS (2010 I think), I only included information specific to that model. Hope that clears it up for you :)

There must be thousands of threads relating to the vRS sidelights :D

@erindad the previous comment applies to the vRS model only.

The vRS (facelift) uses the same headlights as the non-vRS models, but gets a pair of LED strips in the bumper too, just above the front fog lights.

These LED strips perform the role of DRL ( Daytime Running Lights), at full brightness, and side / parking lights at a dimmed / reduced brightness.

As a result the regular 5W incandescent sidelight bulbs in the headlight are redundant. Fitted (to fill the hole) but not wired up.

They've had many an owner / MOT tester confused...

21251-Skoda-Octavia_RS_2010_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg.394b91ac3811cd45d73fc7fd26f720f1.jpg

• Thanks 1