Headlights only turn on in Auto

I have a 2015 Octavia RS and noticed that the main driving lights only switch on when the light switch is in Auto. If I manually switch on the headlight they do not switch on.

I have checked the lights fuses and they appear fine. There is no faults showing up on MFD for lights but I have had random faults thrown up but that was down to low battery which has been since replaced.

any ideas? I have OBDeleven if that helps to diagnose but don't know where to go. 

10 hours ago, mazstar1980 said:

I have a 2015 Octavia RS and noticed that the main driving lights only switch on when the light switch is in Auto. If I manually switch on the headlight they do not switch on.

What exactly do you mean by "main driving lights"?

- the headlight (main or dipped)?

- the DRL?

- the fog lights?

A photo might help...

33 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

What exactly do you mean by "main driving lights"?

- the headlight (main or dipped)?

- the DRL?

- the fog lights?

A photo might help...

As per the title of the post, I mean headlights, on normal beam. The DRL come on.

Without wishing to imply stupidity, you are going two clicks past auto aren't you? 

The first click is sidelights only. 

I only ask because you wouldn't be the first person I've met to do that, not by a long way. 

• Like 1

Fully agree with Kenai above.  I have a Fabia 3 (September 2015) and I made exactly the same error.  I eventually realised that I had to go 2 clicks beyond auto as a single click only turned the sidelights on.  Luckily I discovered my error before making a fool of myself at the dealers.  Easily done I suppose.

On 02/03/2019 at 21:42, Kenai said:

Without wishing to imply stupidity, you are going two clicks past auto aren't you? 

The first click is sidelights only. 

I only ask because you wouldn't be the first person I've met to do that, not by a long way. 

No need to imply, I feel very stupid after checking this out. Thank you for pointing this out, saved me looking like an idiot at the dealership. Read the manual, for some reason I had always thought he first click is headlights and the second was fogs.

Weirdly, after my battery got replaced he come home lights function ceased working even with it activated. Turns out you just switch off to 0 seconds and then switch back on after closing door and now it works. I say this in case someone googles this in the future.