DCC actual values via VCDS or OBD11

Hi guys, I'm a little bit concerned and confused about the values that my car is programmed with for the DCC.

I think I have one sensor for each front wheel but only one sensor for the rear axle - is this correct? I have a 4x4 190tdi and I do think that I have a mulltilink rear axle? Should be one sensor on each side in the rear also - correct?

As you can see on the attached picture the stored values differs between front right (höger fram) and front left (vänster fram). From rear right I only get a message that the function isn't installed or something similar.

When looking at real-time data the car recognizes values around those in the picture. But - the valued in the picture are the "adaption values when dampers are expanded / car is lifted" 

The realtime data should be a product of this value combined with the sensor resistance?

How does this affect my car's handling, is this normal values or is there some fault here?

Screenshot_20190305-152553_OBDeleven.jpg

Each DCC shock has a valve sensor in it that controls the dampering and hence the shock comfort.

So as long as u got 4 wheels, u should have 4 sensors, otherwise the DCC system will throw errors.

Which module r u reading these values from?

I can look at mine, which has DCC, and see if it's different or same?

Are u sure ur not confusing with the AFS sensors?

Cause they have 2 sensors up front and one on the rear axle.

Edited by JR RS

Actually I don't really know what sensors the reading is coming from. I enter "DCC", "Adaptions" and then this "Adaption with extended wheels". It might be the afs sensors ?

My colleague has the same spec car and his shows similar differences.

Screenshot_20190307-135810_OBDeleven.jpg

I still haven't understood what you're looking for though.

Do you have a particular issue with the car or you're just worried about random values you see via OBDEleven which you're not really sure what they represent? The latter would be crazy. So many thousands of values that are badly translated or not even labeled correctly to worry about ?!

Edited by newbie69

8 hours ago, newbie69 said:

I still haven't understood what you're looking for though.

Do you have a particular issue with the car or you're just worried about random values you see via OBDEleven which you're not really sure what they represent? The latter would be crazy. So many thousands of values that are badly translated or not even labeled correctly to worry about ?!

Issue or maybe more lika a feeling that something isn't correct.

My rear left damper was changed due to leakage after 6 month 25000km. At that time I had been driving around several thousands  km with that bad damper = soft and cozy ride. I asked the workshop how this would have effected the RARB as all the force would have been transferred through the earn to the other side. They told me that it didn't matter so I accepted the work and have been quite happy since. But my car and my colleagues car feels different when cornering, my car is a lot "woblier" then his. Both cars with DCC and same setting. Me, my colleague and others have all felt the difference so I'm curious of why - it isn't such a big problem that I will hand it to the workshop before service is due.

That's the reason why I'm interested in the values of the DCC :)

• Like 1

Ok now it makes more sense. The rear arb can't have been affected as it's a spring bar, but the rear right damper might have been stressed more. Hard to quantify if and by how much. So identical cars, wheels, and pressures and they feel significantly different?  I wonder if and what sort of programming takes place  when a DCC damper is replaced and whether that was done correctly. However you say that your friend's car, the "good" one, is also showing similar values to yours?

The second image is my friend's car - similar differences between values. 

I'm thinking that they maybe didn't calibrate the car to the new rear left damper. I have a vauge memory of the tech saying it was the first dcc damper they ever changed..

so i got the readings from mine, using vcds.

it also shows i don't have "Right Rear Level Control System".

mine is MY17 RHD.

admap channel 14:-

-Adapting with deflected wheels-Left front level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value (deflected) 62.87%
-Adapting with deflected wheels-Right front level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value (deflected) 31.55%
-Adapting with deflected wheels-Left rear level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value (deflected) 65.74%
-Adapting with deflected wheels-Right rear level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value (deflected) 33.00%

blockmap channel 14:-

Left front level control system sensor: raw value 27.09
Right front level control system sensor: raw value 72.79
Left rear level control system sensor: raw value 43.28
Right rear level control system sensor: raw value Not installed due to specific system
Left front level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value  62.87
Left front level ctrl sys sensor: limit 1 (deflected) 49.53
Left front level ctrl sys sensor: limit 2 (deflected) 73.53
Right front level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value  31.55
Right front level ctrl sys sensor: limit 1 (deflected) 27.91
Right front level ctrl sys sensor: limit 2 (deflected) 51.92
Left rear level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value 65.74
Left rear level ctrl sys sensor: limit 1 (deflected) 55.16
Left rear level ctrl sys sensor: limit 2 (deflected) 79.16
Right rear level ctrl sys sensor: adaptation value  Not installed due to specific system
Right rear level control system sensor: limit 1 (deflected) Not installed due to specific system
Right rear level control system sensor: limit 2 (deflected) Not installed due to specific system
Edited by JR RS

Looks to me as maybe the sensors are mounted other way up on one side compared with the other. Therefore different readings as one side is 0-100 top to bottom and other side is 100-0 top to bottom.

Does that make sense?

Sounds like that could be a possibility - I'm curious of why they only use one rear sensor... I'm sure it's sufficient but I would like to know the math behind :)

As the snow has disappeared something in the front of my car has started making a snapping sound again when passing over speedbumps. It did this before the winter but only at one speed bump and now it does it at all speed bumps. I'll book it into the garage and also ask them to do a calibration of the DCC.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all - car has been at workshop and been driven roughly 5000km during these two weeks.

According to the tech they greased the rear bushes of the front control arm and reattached the right FARB. 

After this there has been no noise at all and the card handles a lot better when cornering and on uneven roads.

Soon my car will be as it was ment to be :)