MY19 Vrs tyres

42 minutes ago, Sliceman said:

Apologies if already covered but what standard tyres do the latest Vrs' come with please? 

I don’t think there is one specific brand. Mine has Bridgestone Potenza S001 fitted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I don’t think there is one specific brand. Mine has Bridgestone Potenza S001 fitted.

Mine came with the same, but on winter's for the next month or so (until the risk of snow vanishes).

Potenza's are rated as A for wet grip, surely the OEM Potenza's are seconds because the grip is rubbish in the wet. I am getting rid of 2 of mine today with 3-4mm left on them and as said above they are very noisy. Swapping rears for fronts as they still have 6mm left and It's hard justifying scrapping them then having 2 new Asymetric 3's. Would have gone for Sava Intesa UHP but can't find any recently had them on my old 3.2 vecctra quitest tyres I ever had without losing too much performance.

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Yep, they're crap. 

+1

My previous car came from the factory with PZeros and they were truly awful - poor dry grip & appalling wet grip so I was pleased they only lasted 9000 miles and was able to replace them with PS2s (now superseded). My favourite tyres on that car were the Pilot Super Sport; excellent wet & dry grip, predictable handling and good mileage too.

• Like 1

Went to have my 2 tyres fitted today and company sent wrong ones, they had sent runflats. Fitter tried ringing around to get some in and had a little difficulty. Apparantely the asy 3's are selling like hotcakes, because the Asymetric 5 is out now and the figures are not the same, E for fuel economy, A for wet grip and 71 decibels. Compared to the acy 3 which are C for economy, A for wet grip and 67 decibels. As Decibel is a logarythmic scale and additional 3db is twice as loud so the 4db difference is more than twice as loud. Gutted have to wait until tomorrow to get shot of two of the Potenza's.

Who mentioned perfection? the tyres I had ordered were the asymetric 3’s, those were the figures that I wanted, C for economy, A for wet grip and 67db for noise. No compromise needed, tyres with these figures are available. I just mentioned that the supplier sent the wrong ones and that the asy 3’s were selling fast. There are other brands with the same figures Sava intensa uhp 2 and Debica Presto uhp 2. I got what I wanted but had to wait a bit and as these tyres are popular on here just thought people might want to know.