Puncture and inflation kit

Hi Guys, just returned home and the low tyre pressure wasn't lying !! complete flat. Not driven far with it, couple of miles. My question I only have the can of tyre fixer and no spare - is it worth going through the palaver of following the instructions and getting into a tyre place tomorrow or as I have a use of the wife car, should I just take the wheel off and take that to the tyre place - or any other alternatives (preferably sensible LOL) I'm open to like call breakdown service- car less than a year old - thankyou potholes!!!! think I vaguely remember there being something about the tyre repair stuff ruining wheels but this may be a pure fantasy.

Thanks Nick

I'm prepared to be corrected here, but in my experience using a can of sealant may get you to a tyre dealer, but they will not repair the tyre, saying the patch/plug will not adhere to the tyre carcass. Got a air pump at home? How far are you from a repair place? How quick is the leak? Is it a puncture or wheel damage from the pothole? Still got the free breakdown service that comes with a new Škoda?

I always take the easiest option...  :biggrin:

Thanks Jerry happened a few miles from home, hit a pothole, cannot see obvious wheel or tyre damage so will double check in the morning - pretty sure I have the free breakdown cover from Skoda so will have a look at car in the morning and probably give skoda breakdown a call 

I had a puncture on the M20 going to France, fully loaded. It was the offside rear wheel and I had no way of telling if the puncture was larger than the 4mm, or a split. I called the breakdown service as you are not allowed to change a wheel yourself on the hard shoulder and they took me to a tyre fitters. They changed the tyre so I presume it was beyond repair. I don't know if the inflation kit works, probably not. AA man said if I had a spare I would be going on my way in 30 mins max. It took 2 hours and I missed my train!!

Edited by edbostan

I think you will find that driving a couple of miles with a flat tyre will write it off.

I drove a few hundred yards to a lay-by with a flat tyre and the fitter said if the logo on the side of the tyre is abraded it's a write off as the sidewall is damaged.

• Like 1