Brexit petition

10 hours ago, expostmanpat said:

skynews-theresa-may-brexit_4548856.jpg?2

This is a good one. In 2015/16 the UK issued 241 European arrest warrants for UK criminals in the EU. In the same period the UK received 14,279 European arrest warrants for criminals known to be in the UK, yes 14,279. 

With such a large difference it is clear that freedom of movement allows criminals to freely enter the UK. It also shows that our already over stretched police force is also having to do the additional work that the EU police forces failed to do. 

As for terrorism this is mainly down to the intelligence services, which co-operate outside of any EU agreement. France has a good intelligence service, although fractured,  and Germany is getting there too but very restricted by its own laws. The rest don’t even rank and intelligence is only carefully shared due to the leaks within those countries. None of them unlike the UK are in the five eyes group who share intelligence gathered from around the world. 

15 minutes ago, CWARD said:

This is a good one. In 2015/16 the UK issued 241 European arrest warrants for UK criminals in the EU. In the same period the UK received 14,279 European arrest warrants for criminals known to be in the UK, yes 14,279. 

With such a large difference it is clear that freedom of movement allows criminals to freely enter the UK. It also shows that our already over stretched police force is also having to do the additional work that the EU police forces failed to do. 

As for terrorism this is mainly down to the intelligence services, which co-operate outside of any EU agreement. France has a good intelligence service, although fractured,  and Germany is getting there too but very restricted by its own laws. The rest don’t even rank and intelligence is only carefully shared due to the leaks within those countries. None of them unlike the UK are in the five eyes group who share intelligence gathered from around the world. 

The influx of rapists and murderers from mainland Europe has been known about for more than 10 years and I laughed when I read the Mayhem poster saying we would be safer with European criminals able to freely enter the UK. This will be totally ignored by remainers as an inconvenient truth like the number of EU drunk drivers killing sober British drivers on our SAFER (not) roads. Look at road deaths in the UK over the last decade and before the influx from Europe (thanks Tony Blair) road deaths had been declining over a 30 year period.:angry:

41 minutes ago, expostmanpat said:
[MEDIA=facebook]648891538901427[/MEDIA]

Dont be squeamish just take a look

Have you not seen Jonathan Pie before? Nothing to be squeamish about, it’s a character by comedian Tom Walker. 

If you like satire you may find this familiar 

Looks like some of the Remainers are faking their coverage of yesterday’s march 

The replies pointing out it was the Queens Jubilee and some of the other pictures are quite amusing though. 

I'm not entirely sure what Lee's agenda is.  I often wonder if he knows himself.

I'm guessing he wants either a second referendum peoples vote or he wants Article 50 revoked.

Both of which categorically kills off the notion that we live in a democratic state.

Now I know that most of us grown-ups have realised that, of course, we don't live in a democracy; after all, if voting could change anything then it would have been abolished years ago. 

But you have to have something and as lousy as the current system is, it's better than no system at all.  No system at all = anarchy.

I have no problem with us leaving the EU (as voted for by 17,000,000 of us) and then a political party standing at the next General Election on a mandate to take us straight back in.

But we *have* to leave.

Edited by SkodaVRS1963

2 hours ago, CWARD said:

Looks like some of the Remainers are faking their coverage of yesterday’s march 

The replies pointing out it was the Queens Jubilee and some of the other pictures are quite amusing though. 

Like i said, amazing tech to project a million souls onto the streets of london yesterday that were only visible to those that wanted to see them. Just dont deny the holocost in Germany you could get into bother. 

• Sad 1

Wife summed up the call for a Peoples Vote quite nicely as we drove to church this morning. She gave me her permission to repeat it so here goes. You have a job interview and you think it went well only to receive the dreaded letter (bad news) in the post saying you were unsuccessful this time and not to bother reapplying for the position. The problem with Remoaners is that they can't accept they didn't get offered the job and demand a 2nd interview, but the result would be the same, someone else will get the job. It is this basic issue with accepting a result that stops them going forward with their lives. Also in church a Pastor from another Church gave his testimony today how his divorce (leaving the EU) 8 years ago nearly broke him because he tried to blame God for his wife walking out on him and taking his 4 kids. However in time he had to accept what had happened and in his exact words "I HAD TO TURNOVER THE PAGE AND MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE". Now he is happy and engaged to someone he knew 30 years ago when he was just 18 years old.:thinking:

1 hour ago, expostmanpat said:

Like i said, amazing tech to project a million souls onto the streets of london yesterday that were only visible to those that wanted to see them. Just dont deny the holocost in Germany you could get into bother. 

Now, now. I don’t don’t say the march didn’t happen. I said people were faking their coverage, obviously this guy wasn’t even there otherwise he’d have real footage but I guess he thought he could get away putting up a photo from the Queens Jubilee as it looked impressive. 

You're a sick individual for trying to bring the Holocaust  into this argument, which happened in more than just Germany. For your reference  I have friends who’s grandparents fled the holocaust and have visited the Belsen death camp whilst I was posted to Germany so would be the last person to deny such horrors. 

Please drag yourself out of the gutter before thinking about such remarks again. It’s not big, hard or clever, just stupid. 

Edited by CWARD
  • Sad 1

When 100,000 people an hour vote 24/7 and at a consistent rate for two days solid you'd have to be a brain-dead idiot to think it was not bots. 

Or a BBC employee.

Lee, are you reading?

A brain-dead idiot and a BBC employee are pretty much the same these days, unfortunately.

Not to mention Jacob Rees-Mogg being naughty and signing it 8,000 times!

I *do* love having a gun pointed at my temple and being told that even if I don't watch anything emanating from the BBC that I still need to pay the television tax BBC licence fee otherwise I get a criminal record and a hefty fine.

Is this North Korea or the UK FFS?

5 minutes ago, SkodaVRS1963 said:

When 100,000 people an hour vote 24/7 and at a consistent rate for two days solid you'd have to be a brain-dead idiot to think it was not bots. 

Or a BBC employee.

Lee, are you reading?

A brain-dead idiot and a BBC employee are pretty much the same these days, unfortunately.

Not to mention Jacob Rees-Mogg being naughty and signing it 8,000 times!

I *do* love having a gun pointed at my temple and being told that even if I don't watch anything emanating from the BBC that I still need to pay the television tax BBC licence fee otherwise I get a criminal record and a hefty fine.

Is this North Korea or the UK FFS?

If you were North Korean you would have been sent to work in a European factory and told to send your wages home to your divine leader to spend on Nuclear warheads, or your family get lined up against a wall. Perhaps UK not so bad after all.:thinking: Agree about the robotic consistency of the signature count. 12 per second every minute. Latency might get a mention if the Prof pops in.:blush

On 21/03/2019 at 11:53, expostmanpat said:

17.4 million voted to leave, 30 million didnt.

I think your maths might be out a little. Maybe you're including the people who were ineligble to vote in your "didn't" figures? In that case we could also say 16.1 million people voted to remain and (rough guestimate) 31 million didn't. That's a bigger incorrect answer than yours is...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, expostmanpat said:

Ah well you can only try and save people from themselves for so long...... bring on high interest rates, a housing market crash etc etc,  

Bank of England kept base rate at 0.75% the other day. Think you will agree they can't go much lower. My mortgage is fixed at 1.6% compared to my first in 1997 (Tony Blair just elected) which was 7.2%. They weren't always the good old days.:thinking:

Bring on a high interest rate for savers.

Let borrowers pay high interest to borrow money.  If they need money why should they not, we had to in the 1980's.

All those people that managed to buy homes or properties to let back before all the Car Leasing, Mobile Phone Leasing etc was burning up their incomes....

• Like 1

Interesting.  Firstly what people would vote on a rerun (54 remain/44 leave) but also what to do now about 35% for both go with no deal and the same for leave on 29th March and only 19% for delay !!

https://www.survation.com/what-does-the-british-public-now-think-about-brexit/ 

Survation surveyed 20,090 people living in the UK, across every parliamentary constituency for a live discussion programme on Channel 4, “Brexit: What The Nation Really Thinks”. This is the largest independent survey of its kind on Brexit and it’s been used, by Dr Chris Hanretty from Royal Holloway University, to produce estimates of how every area of the UK would vote if there was a Leave/Remain referendum tomorrow.

Estimated GB-wide results of EU referendum voting intention:

If there was to be another referendum tomorrow on whether the UK should remain a member of the EU or leave, our estimates show that the British public would vote to Remain by 54% to 46%, after voting to Leave by 52% to 48% two and a half years ago.

Vote in a referendum tomorrow (change vs 2016 EU Referendum results)

Leave:    46% (-6)

Remain: 54% (+6)

................................What if there is no deal?

Q.Imagine that UK and the EU are unable to reach a deal on the terms of Brexit by the date that the UK is due to leave the EU on 29th March next year.  What do you think should happen?

The UK should remain in the EU: 35%

The UK should leave the EU on March 29th without a deal: 36%

The UK should delay leaving the EU to allow for more time to reach a deal: 19%

Don’t know: 10%

54 Polls done in last 17 months, none put leave ahead of remain.  BMG and Yougov included as well as Survation. A few put the percentages the same ie back in early 2017 but recent ones have Remain 3 to 9 % ahead....

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/should-the-united-kingdom-remain-a-member-of-the-european-union-or-leave-the-european-union-asked-after-the-referendum/

Edited by lol-lol

3 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

54 Polls done in last 17 months, none put leave ahead of remain.  BMG and Yougov included as well as Survation. A few put the percentages the same ie back in early 2017 but recent ones have Remain 3 to 9 % ahead....

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/should-the-united-kingdom-remain-a-member-of-the-european-union-or-leave-the-european-union-asked-after-the-referendum/

Dejavu, is it 2016 again

• Like 1

I never understand why 'yougov' the name was not bought off the Founders by the People / Tax Payers.

It has people think it is something to do with the Government and not just Nadhim Zahawi MP 

and well known snouter.  Also the snouters Boris & Nadine Dorries MP fan boy.

Edited by Skoffski