A few questions about my 245 VRS

Hi all, last weekend I picked up my 68 plate Octavia VRS 245 DSG estate in Meteor Grey (its absolutely amazing).

I've just got a couple of questions that I'm struggling to find answers for.

Where can I find my spec sticker in the car?

What oil do I use for top ups? 

I've bought a touch up stick with the vehicle that has "SEDA STEEL" on it, but I thought skoda listed it as meteor grey?

If anyone can answer any of those questions that would be great. 

All the best 

Kyle 

I can't find anything like that in my spare wheel well either - or anywhere else on the car.  Unless you mean this on the pillar behind the driver's seat(which I don't think you do)

20190323_115111.jpg.779fba3106b8d8fecb3e5cfe606c58d8.jpg

1 hour ago, jonjc said:

I can't find anything like that in my spare wheel well either - or anywhere else on the car.  Unless you mean this on the pillar behind the driver's seat(which I don't think you do)

20190323_115111.jpg.779fba3106b8d8fecb3e5cfe606c58d8.jpg

White sticker on boot floor that looks like the one below (minus red annotations!)

Not sure if still fitted to newer ones but my 63 has one it's not in the spare wheel well but to the left of the flat part of the boot.

1176-1400153437-7e3c65bd50b6afcb9871d502

15 minutes ago, ahenners said:

White sticker on boot floor that looks like the one below (minus red annotations!)

Not sure if still fitted to newer ones but my 63 has one it's not in the spare wheel well but to the left of the flat part of the boot.

1176-1400153437-7e3c65bd50b6afcb9871d502

I guess it isn't put in new cars - there is definitely nothing like that on mine although I remember seeing it in previous cars

If your car left the factory with VW508/509  so 0w 20 FS LL that is what i would top up with,

& not VW504 / 507 so 5w 30 FS Long Life.

It will do not harm, but you are as well not mixing specs. 

?

How much oil is it using that you need to top up? 

How many miles has the car done & did you check the level when you collected it when Stone Cold and as you should at Operating Temperature?

Edited by Skoffski

15 minutes ago, KyleHa said:

I definitely don't have a sticker like that in my boot.

I'll buy some 5w 30 Castrol today.

Thank you very much for the assistance :)

Use Castrol Edge Long Life provided by local Skoda dealer at £12 per litre bottle. Seems to cope just fine with 336bhp.:thumbup:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Use Castrol Edge Long Life provided by local Skoda dealer at £12 per litre bottle. Seems to cope just fine with 336bhp.:thumbup:

I think I'll wait out my warranty before I think of doing any upgrades :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

If your car left the factory with VW508/509  so 0w 20 FS LL that is what i would top up with,

& not VW504 / 507 so 5w 30 FS Long Life.

It will do not harm, but you are as well not mixing specs. 

?

How much oil is it using that you need to top up? 

How many miles has the car done & did you check the level when you collected it when Stone Cold and as you should at Operating Temperature?

I checked the oil Wednesday and it was perfectly fine. Only reason for buying the oil is eventually it will need a little top up and id rather buy it now than having to rush around for it when I need it.

Miles wise it's only on 2950 and tbh it won't get driven more than 5-8k miles in one year anyways.

• Like 2

Is this an Ex Demonstrator you bought?

Maybe ask the dealership for a liter of oil 'for free gratis' if you are passing as the VW508/509 is a ridiculous price.

£17 a liter or so, unless some Audi dealership or another is selling off near sell by dates....

No need to buy Castrol at a Main Dealers at £12 a liter bottle. Cheaper at motor factors or supermarkets /online.

& Any 5w 30 FS LL to VW504 /507 from any Oil Producer will do if you just want VW504 / 507.

Quantum is fine, Fuchs, Comma, ASDA, Tesco or whatever.

Edited by Skoffski

I've already picked up some 5w30 Castrol Edge LL from Tesco, £15 which is abit steep but I won't be using too much of it anyways. 

Yeah it was an ex demo but it was in very good nick, couldn't fault anything on it. 

Struggled to find an estate that was reasonably priced in the 245 DSG not the 230.

Thanks for all the help btw guys :)

• Like 1