MKIII Octavia VRS Seat Colour

Hi, I am looking to buy a MKIII Octavia VRS (Quartz Grey preferably) but unsure on whether to purchase a car with the red or grey seats.

(From what I've seen, the red seems to be more popular but not 100% sure do I like the red stitching)

What are your thoughts?

I have a Quartz car with silver stitching and it’s a great match. I met up with a member with a Quartz car that had red stitching and we both preferred mine. The silver looks classy, the red not so much for a grey car IMO. It suits some colours (like the blue, that works well with the red), but the silver suits others. Some pics to help you :) 

D3D5BFF7-E561-43BC-AA27-E7130302E10F.thumb.jpeg.0979f93117c3ec09f3b09dd938beef05.jpeg

0082D87D-D31F-45C6-961D-3D4E8C642CEE.thumb.jpeg.cf01a26d42a09de77c9bfcb981eda8a7.jpeg

Didn't have the choice as I was buying second hand.

However, having a red car, and the red calipers, and the red ambient light in the door......well you'd expect red stitching.

And it's there and it doesn't disappoint - really like it.

4 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I have a Quartz car with silver stitching and it’s a great match. I met up with a member with a Quartz car that had red stitching and we both preferred mine. The silver looks classy, the red not so much for a grey car IMO. It suits some colours (like the blue, that works well with the red), but the silver suits others. Some pics to help you :) 

D3D5BFF7-E561-43BC-AA27-E7130302E10F.thumb.jpeg.0979f93117c3ec09f3b09dd938beef05.jpeg

0082D87D-D31F-45C6-961D-3D4E8C642CEE.thumb.jpeg.cf01a26d42a09de77c9bfcb981eda8a7.jpeg

Yeah, I agree with what you are saying, I think I would prefer the silver stitching. I'm finding it hard to come across quartz grey hatchbacks less than £14k with silver stitching however☹ Any idea of good websites to find second hand VRS's? (I am currently watching parked.co.uk & AutoTrader.co.uk).

3 hours ago, uchuff said:

Silver would be my preference with Quartz Grey but I think red is more popular, and it wouldn't necessarily put me off if I found a good one with red. 

I agree with you, I think the silver would be nicer. However, I've come across a tidy quartz grey with red seats and a host of added extras. Finding it hard not to pursue it just because of the seat colour.

2 hours ago, corkcarebear said:

I agree with you, I think the silver would be nicer. However, I've come across a tidy quartz grey with red seats and a host of added extras. Finding it hard not to pursue it just because of the seat colour.

Yeah it's a compromise I'd make for a nice car, for sure.

5 hours ago, corkcarebear said:

Yeah, I agree with what you are saying, I think I would prefer the silver stitching. I'm finding it hard to come across quartz grey hatchbacks less than £14k with silver stitching however☹ Any idea of good websites to find second hand VRS's? (I am currently watching parked.co.uk & AutoTrader.co.uk).

Try pistonheads

6 hours ago, corkcarebear said:

Just keep looking. I bought this car in 2017 for £10995, Quartz Estate with full leather, winter pack, black pack and a few other extras. Has a lot more extras now haha

If you're buying "previously enjoyed" then you really need to decide what is and isn't important to you.

I cannot believe that silver stitching would be considered a "must have" and you'd forgo other vehicles because of a different colour.

Colour of car/interior/stitching really has to be low down the list when it comes to the vehicle, surely?

Certainly when I was looking last year my only requirement was Petrol Hatchback, 1-2 years old.

Once you've got yourself a selection with the barest minimum of specification, then you can start seeing just what else is fitted - but equipment would be coming well above colour.

I take that attitude tbh, and I’ve ended up with a grey car that I’m starting to like more 16 months in haha. For some people the colour is more important than anything, but I like spec and I wanted the heated seats and screen, full leather, cruise control and DSG as a minimum and it had to be an Estate. The rest was not as important. I have since added a lot of stuff to the car and it’s all been worth it.

My last car was Race Blue with Grey. I now have Meteor Grey with Red.

When your driving you only see the colour on the steering wheel, so it’s not a massive difference. 

Personally I wouldn’t be too fussed.