Information stickers.

Yetian

Hi everyone. I have just bought a 2012 Yeti 4x4 Elegance, its a lovely car but a previous owner has removed the information stickers from the door pillar and filler cap cover. Are these available to buy, I presume they can be bought from Skoda but I have found little things like that come with a big price.

Any and all suggestions are gratefully received.

It would be very unusual to remove either sticker, especially the one at the bottom of the door post EXCEPT if the car has had those panels replaced following an accident. 

They should both be available from a Skoda dealer but I doubt anyone else will have them.

24 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

It would be very unusual to remove either sticker, especially the one at the bottom of the door post EXCEPT if the car has had those panels replaced following an accident. 

That is the only reason I can come up with too.
I take it you mean the vehicle axle weights riveted on aluminium plate at the bottom of the "B" post and the stuck on tyre pressure information in the filler cap.

2 hours ago, Urrell said:

That is the only reason I can come up with too.
I take it you mean the vehicle axle weights riveted on aluminium plate at the bottom of the "B" post and the stuck on tyre pressure information in the filler cap.

Thanks for replying guys.

The car has had no panels replaced, its just that someone has removed the stickers. You can still see the outline of where they used to be.

I guess a trip to a dealer will be in order.

There was a time when it was possible to wander into a scrapyard and get some off a scrap vehicle for a quid.

Health and safety saw that kind of behaviour off.

9 hours ago, RickW said:

There was a time when it was possible to wander into a scrapyard and get some off a scrap vehicle for a quid.

Health and safety saw that kind of behaviour off.

Elvin Safety doesn't seem to apply to stickers; if the towing plate is an actual plate, then maybe.

On 22/04/2019 at 20:22, Yetian said:

Hi everyone. I have just bought a 2012 Yeti 4x4 Elegance, its a lovely car but a previous owner has removed the information stickers from the door pillar and filler cap cover. Are these available to buy, I presume they can be bought from Skoda but I have found little things like that come with a big price.

Any and all suggestions are gratefully received.

If this information is for your own piece of mind, then why not try and get a couple of decent photos, print them off and get them laminated. Keep a copy in the glovebox, or under one of the foot-mats for quick reference.

Colin

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, eribaMotters said:

If this information is for your own piece of mind, then why not try and get a couple of decent photos, print them off and get them laminated. Keep a copy in the glovebox, or under one of the foot-mats for quick reference.

Colin

To be honest I mainly just wanted to wanted to replace the tyre pressure information because it means I don't have to remember them. 

34 minutes ago, Yetian said:

To be honest I mainly just wanted to wanted to replace the tyre pressure information because it means I don't have to remember them. 

Why not just use a permanent marker to put it inside the fuel flap, or some small waterproof stick on letters and numbers.

2 hours ago, Urrell said:

Why not just use a permanent marker to put it inside the fuel flap, or some small waterproof stick on letters and numbers.

Back to the good old days of writing it on the sun visor :)

26 minutes ago, Yetian said:

Now you are talking. Can you still get Dymo tape?

Certainly can, and I will be using some to label the switches on the Midget dash soon.

1 hour ago, Llanigraham said:

Nah! 
Dymo tape on the dash!

Dymo tape would be good for sticking inside the fuel filler flap, but stuck on the dash? :x

2 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Certainly can, and I will be using some to label the switches on the Midget dash soon.

I miss my Midget :sadsmile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

If the memory is so poor as to remember what tyre pressures you favour for different cars then can you remember where you leave the car when parked?

Now you know why I live in a small town.

• Like 1

I remember when Dymo tape came out in the early 1960's... I was still at school, and we had an entrepreneurial Geography master who bought a machine and made a fortune (for school funds) out of printing John Paul George and Ringo labels for the groupies.  He'd print you any label you wanted,  in any colour,  and it was originally intended for name marking personal property,  but most of his "trade" seemed to be Beatles related!

Edited by Zarniwoop