DRL brightness in auto mode

Hi Folks

Was out taking my brother for a spin and got a few flashes at night with on coming traffic,

I have standard xenons but my brother thinks it may be the DRL's are too bright and blinding on coming traffic when we got out of the car to look the DRL's are very bright.

Has anyone got the obdeleven coding to dim the drl's a bit?

Cheers

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

The DRL's should automatically dim when your other lights are turned on. Do they?

Hi John,

not really no they are as bright as the coming/leaving home lights to be honest, just don't want to be blinding oncoming traffic.

9 hours ago, seanbrady49 said:

Hi Folks

Was out taking my brother for a spin and got a few flashes at night with on coming traffic,

I have standard xenons but my brother thinks it may be the DRL's are too bright and blinding on coming traffic when we got out of the car to look the DRL's are very bright.

Has anyone got the obdeleven coding to dim the drl's a bit?

Cheers

Its more likely that either you, or the other drivers, are hitting potholes etc. and it's making it look like you're flashing them/they're flashing you, than your DRL being so bright it blinds them, in my opinion.

I go down a rough road on my way to work and in the winter youd be convinced every car around you is flashing each other due to the potholes.

If the DRL's are not dimming with the Sidelights, sidelights and dipped beam or sidelights and full beam on then find out why!

Has the car already had 'coding changes' or modifications to the lights?

The Title says 'DRL brightness in auto mode',   so what about when 'manually the Sidelights and Dipped headlights' are switched on? Are the DRL's still too bright?

Dazzling or annoying other drivers!

?

Has the car been checked for the Headlight Alignment since it left the factory? Or is the car as it went into the Dealership, had a PDI and will not be checked until it gets a MOT?

Has the suspension been changed?

Edited by Skoffski

6 hours ago, Skoffski said:

If the DRL's are not dimming with the Sidelights, sidelights and dipped beam or sidelights and full beam on then find out why!

Has the car already had 'coding changes' or modifications to the lights?

The Title says 'DRL brightness in auto mode',   so what about when 'manually the Sidelights and Dipped headlights' are switched on? Are the DRL's still too bright?

Dazzling or annoying other drivers!

?

Has the car been checked for the Headlight Alignment since it left the factory? Or is the car as it went into the Dealership, had a PDI and will not be checked until it gets a MOT?

Has the suspension been changed?

NCT (Irish version of the MOT)passed with 0 problems the only thing coded for the DRLs are the out of phase with indicators nothing else.

This is only at night of course which is what I meant by on Auto, just wondering if theres a way of dimming them at night.

1 hour ago, seanbrady49 said:

NCT (Irish version of the MOT)passed with 0 problems the only thing coded for the DRLs are the out of phase with indicators nothing else.

This is only at night of course which is what I meant by on Auto, just wondering if theres a way of dimming them at night.

That is the issue - DRL's legally have to dim at night. Your car, from the factory, would have had DRL's that would have dimmed to approx. 20% as soon as you switched side-light on, or the auto lights switched themselves to side or main.

Is there a way of dimming them at night? Yes - get your car back to how the lights were when they left the factory.

2 hours ago, Stoofa said:

That is the issue - DRL's legally have to dim at night. Your car, from the factory, would have had DRL's that would have dimmed to approx. 20% as soon as you switched side-light on, or the auto lights switched themselves to side or main.

Is there a way of dimming them at night? Yes - get your car back to how the lights were when they left the factory.

so i have to remove the out of phase with indicator mod?

will give it a go tonight.

cheers

13 hours ago, seanbrady49 said:

so i have to remove the out of phase with indicator mod?

will give it a go tonight.

cheers

Double check, my DRLs go out of phase with the indicators too but dim when the headlights come on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saints92 said:

Double check, my DRLs go out of phase with the indicators too but dim when the headlights come on.

checked last night when i got home, they dim when side lights or main lights are on are compared to when they're lit on their own so im at a loss.

ah well.

Just now, seanbrady49 said:

checked last night when i got home, they dim when side lights or main lights are on are compared to when they're lit on their own so im at a loss.

ah well.

Id just wait and see if it happens again, I've had multiple nights I'm convinced people are flashing me but theres never been anything wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanbrady49 said:

ah well.

The leuchte programming has a priority scheme and has a maximise/minimise setting so you need to work through all the adaptation channels that relate to the DRLs and logically work through all the combinations to see which of your settings are wrong.